On your first meeting/date, what did you do?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

The e-mail addy?
Oh heck girl, I just made that up off the top of my head!!!

Gees, it's not real is it???

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's fun hearing everyone's stories. Odd how so many of us ended up with someone so unlikely.

Susan...if you won't tell us the story, we'll just have to make one up. I have to warn you that I scored 38% evil
...the most dangerous kind!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

It's fun hearing everyone's stories. Odd how so many of us ended up with someone so unlikely.

Susan...if you won't tell us the story, we'll just have to make one up. I have to warn you that I scored 38% evil

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH and I were introduced by a mutual friend. His room mate at the time actually. We didn't get together till this girl who was a friend of his room-mate (I barely knew her) embarassed the stuffing out of both of us. It was basically 20 minutes of her ranting how it was so obvious that we liked eachother and he should just ask me out already. Then she went in the other room for 3 minutes 'to leave you two alone for now' she said. Then she came out and said 'well did you ask her?' I was so embarassed! I've never blushed so much. DH is a redhead...he blushed so bad he was purple. (DH was my 1 and only BF and I was his 1 and only GF)

We ate at Olive Garden for our first 'date,' but we knew eachother a little before we got together from them living in what is now our house together. We ran into some of his co-workers there, and it turned out that I knew one of his co-workers but didn't know it. Then we ended up being sat at a table basically right next to them! I'm not sure how long that date lasted.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

LOL I wonder if this could be better then the real story

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first date with Earl was dinner, at Famous Dave's BBQ. It took us about two hours, because we talked so much. After dinner, he walked me to my car and gave me a sweet little kiss.

Nothing exciting, then but things have progressed nicely, in the past month

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our first "meeting" I can't really call it a date... we went out for lunch - that's where we discussed his upcoming wedding (we were just friends).

L O N G story short, he called off the wedding and he and I were married 7 months later. (his fiance was married 6 months later - one month before us).

21 years later, we are happily married and she is still married to the person she married too, so obviously it wasn't meant to be with them.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jeanor

Our first "meeting" I can't really call it a date... we went out for lunch - that's where we discussed his upcoming wedding (we were just friends).

L O N G story short, he called off the wedding and he and I were married 7 months later. (his fiance was married 6 months later - one month before us).

21 years later, we are happily married and she is still married to the person she married too, so obviously it wasn't meant to be with them.
Wow that is nuts and neat! My Pastor and her husband were both engaged when they met and broke off their engagements. But I don't know how soon after they were married or anything else. That is just neat!

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Wow that is nuts and neat!
LOL it is now, but it sure was a stressful time back then. He and his fiance were only a couple of months away from their wedding. It was a very difficult decision for him and boy was she MAD

His sister is the one that finally told him that it didn't matter how much money they had already spent on the wedding - that he couldn't put a price on his happiness.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It takes alot of courage to do that. I congratulate your paster!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
B and I met through a local organization. The first time we met, I had been out for Friday Happy Hour, then attending a party hosted by the org. He was in our circle talking and made a really dumb comment. So in my tequila enhanced state I turned to him, began patting him on the head and said "That's nice...you're pretty".

Ticked him off big time!!! The next function he said he was so mad that he got "stuck" with me because he thought I was such a witch. But then a few beers later and awesome music playing we were having a good time. In fact we didn't get home until 5 AM!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember my first date like it was yesterday:

My husband's and my first date was on 2/8/2002 and it was soo funny because this was his first date ever and he showed up in a suit. I was very casual wearing jeans..lol. We went my favorite resturant Stix, which is a resturant where they cook in front of you....It was a perfect "first date" place, since we were entertained the whole night. After we ate, we went and saw "A beautiful mind" at the movies. (I still have the ticket stub from that night
) Then last and not least we went bowling, and halfway through our date he asked me out for valentines day the next week

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, that is very sweet. I have to laugh though when I picture him bowling in a suit!

Originally Posted by Alaynna

I remember my first date like it was yesterday:

My husband's and my first date was on 2/8/2002 and it was soo funny because this was his first date ever and he showed up in a suit. I was very casual wearing jeans..lol. We went my favorite resturant Stix, which is a resturant where they cook in front of you....It was a perfect "first date" place, since we were entertained the whole night. After we ate, we went and saw "A beautiful mind" at the movies. (I still have the ticket stub from that night
) Then last and not least we went bowling, and halfway through our date he asked me out for valentines day the next week

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Awwww, that is very sweet. I have to laugh though when I picture him bowling in a suit!
lol, that was funny but he actually took off his suit jacket and tie by the end of the night ...so at least he wasn't in the entire suit bowling....

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first real date, he picked me up and we went to a bar and met up with some people. This was on christmas eve, so the only things open were bars. We had some fun but left early and he drove me to the top of a scenic overlook owned by his friend's family. He didn't even try anything, we just talked. Then he ended up taking me to the cemetery to wish his best friend who had died the year before a merry chritmas. It was kinda weird but sweet. I got home at 5am christmas morning lol.