OMG!!! Worst Pain Ever!!!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like what I went through with my gallbladder (in May). I had lots of mini "attacks" that lasted about 15 minutes or so until the last one that lasted over six hours before I was willing to go to the ER... Gall bladder... was taken out that week with four incisions, went back to work five days later. Now I can eat food that is spicy/fatty without ending up on the floor in agony...

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Sorry I didn't respond.
I thought that was very sweet that you rememberd my RA
It's really weird because just day before yesterday someone was mentioning to me how vicodin is hard on the stomach, and I had told him that so far my stomach was ok. My DMARD is Plaquenil. I'm off to look up side effects. I also have an appointment in a week with my RA doctor, so I'll definitely be bringing it up!
I'm not sure "sweet" is the exact phrase, I just know the drugs for that have some rough side effects - though not as bad as letting the RA go on untreated of course.

In any case, it's always wise to consider whatever drugs you're putting in your body before jumping to conclusions that it's something else going horribly wrong. You hardly need more to worry about.
With gallbladder issues anything high in fat/cholesterol or high in fiber (including raw veggies) can potentially set off an attack. If you have diarrhea shortly after eating, definitely suspect your gallbladder. (or in my case, the wrong signal from the vagus nerve - but that's unlikely in most people.
)

When my GI is mixed up I switch to easy to eat things - tomato soup, chicken soup, Ensure, Carnation instant breakfast stuff, and that seems to calm things down a bit. Not an exciting menu, but it's better then having that "wish I was dead" pain.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i was going to say gallbladder also. As it sounds just like what was going on with a old gf years and years go.

i would bring it up to you doc.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All i can say is YuM!

On the other note ive been feeling the same way except this miagrain wont go away and i cant take any time off work!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had that terrible pain again tonight. I can not see the Dr for a few weeks. I think it sounds like Gall Bladder. The Pain is so bad then I throw up and it helps some. This is the third time in a month it has happened. The last one was 2 years ago before this. First time I had Taco Bell, then a year later Hot Dogs. The last two times were salad and the time before Enchaladas.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can't go to the doctor, go to an urgent care center. This sounds like gallbladder to me. The pain is horrible!!! I had an attack once a year for several years and then in 2004, had 3-4 in a 2 month span. I had to have my gallbladder removed in March 2004

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I just had that terrible pain again tonight. I can not see the Dr for a few weeks. I think it sounds like Gall Bladder. The Pain is so bad then I throw up and it helps some. This is the third time in a month it has happened. The last one was 2 years ago before this. First time I had Taco Bell, then a year later Hot Dogs. The last two times were salad and the time before Enchaladas.
I'm so sorry you're getting it again. It is a strange pain, isn't it? how long did yours last? Mine were all about an hour.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night it was about 30 Minutes then I threw up and it went away. I had a Salad before it happened this time. It amost always at night. The longest was
8 hours. I hope you do not get the pain again.