OMG We're Getting a HOUSE!!!!!!!

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really cute! I love the hardwood floors.

Congrats!
I am jealous.

I lived in dorms for 3 years and then have rented for the past 4. We just found another rental (a house for the first time though) for the next year but hopefully it's the last year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

Congrats I know how you feel. We just bought our House in June after looking since Sept. Escrow closed July 28th. I hope your inspection goes well.
It felt like we weren't ever going to find a house, especially if I wanted our first house to be in the country with enough land for my horse. So, I settled on a house we could afford for now.

I'm glad you got a house after so long! It was like magic, we looked at one house that was just awful and then this house JUST went on the market and we went to see and fell in love!
Now our money is actually going to something!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It looks wonderful - clean and perfect for a starter home.
Congratulations on your first home. Truly exciting times.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sakura

It's really cute! I love the hardwood floors.

Congrats!
I am jealous.

I lived in dorms for 3 years and then have rented for the past 4. We just found another rental (a house for the first time though) for the next year but hopefully it's the last year.
I know how you feel, I've been really jealous of everyone! We've been renting for a little over 3 years. I'm still in school, so that was part of the reason. We didn't realize we could actually afford a house of our own!

I hate to talk money online, but it sounds like we might be able to get our payments right around $500 with insurance and taxes!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats less then ours. Our insurance is 600 a year and we are doing it seperate. Our House payment is a little more then our Rent was but it will be worth it. We have hardwood floors also in the living room. I just messed up my Sony trying to upload House pics so everyone can see. I am glad you got a house.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG Im so considering moving to IA!!
Your house is super-cute, has a MASSIVE yard, and with minor updates will look amazing. $15,000 in rent takes about 15 months to spend here in Edmonton. And thats for a one bedroom apartment. I havnt seen any actual houses for less than $1800 a month (well, some out of town, but we need to be urban for school/work purposes). I feel like Ill never ever be able to own

Cant wait for more pics after painting etc. I also love the little back shed!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a really cute little house, and I love the surroundings. Being that old, it may not be terribly efficient, but that can be fixed.

When it was built, I'd almost bet that was some WWII soldier's little dream house.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

It felt like we weren't ever going to find a house..........
It was like magic, we looked at one house that was just awful and then this house JUST went on the market and we went to see and fell in love!
Now our money is actually going to something!
You must be so happy! 6 years ago we were looking for a starter home as well. In our area, it's almost impossible to find something in a good neighbourhood that doesn't cost a fortune.

But, we were patient, and after viewing over 50 houses (!) we found our current home. We had to renovate everything in it, but we
it and it's been a great investment.

Enjoy!

lmunsie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That house is an AMAZING starter house! I am so jealous
But congrats! Im happy to know others who are in school can do it as I'll be in school for another 3 years! But my BF works full time and we are trying to save! Good job!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

If I understand the math, which I do, you cannot get a cute house like that in the Bay Area. Congrats!!
It's a great price!!! All right I'll tell you guys, they put it on the internet for everyone to see anyway.

We're getting it for $61,000 with $2,000 for closing costs, and we get whatever is left over. It's a GREAT deal even around here. Most people price their house about $5,000 more than what it's worth to neogiate with. This couple actually knew my SO's family and they were really happy to work with us and give "a nice young couple" a home. I'm so thankful! There were quite a few house flippers wanting this house!

Originally Posted by mews2much

Thats less then ours. Our insurance is 600 a year and we are doing it seperate. Our House payment is a little more then our Rent was but it will be worth it. We have hardwood floors also in the living room. I just messed up my Sony trying to upload House pics so everyone can see. I am glad you got a house.
I'm not sure what our insurance would be, but the bank guessed it at 650, on the high side, and added that to our mortage payment.

Originally Posted by Februa

OMG Im so considering moving to IA!!
Your house is super-cute, has a MASSIVE yard, and with minor updates will look amazing. $15,000 in rent takes about 15 months to spend here in Edmonton. And thats for a one bedroom apartment. I havnt seen any actual houses for less than $1800 a month (well, some out of town, but we need to be urban for school/work purposes). I feel like Ill never ever be able to own

Cant wait for more pics after painting etc. I also love the little back shed!
You should move here!!! As long as you're not a teacher or a nurse!
Iowa's pretty bad about paying our important people good money. People from other areas must not have yards!

YIKES!!! $1,000 a month!!!! Ouch! I would cry if I lived in an area like that! A house around here for $1,800 would be a REALLY nice house. $1,000 monthy payment would buy us a really nice house!

Oh and the shed is actually a one car garage with a lot of extra space!

Originally Posted by mrblanche

That's a really cute little house, and I love the surroundings. Being that old, it may not be terribly efficient, but that can be fixed.

When it was built, I'd almost bet that was some WWII soldier's little dream house.
We have great neighbors. I'm actually a little embarrassed, we're the worst house on the block

And it will be interesting to see how efficient it is. We're in a 110 year old 2 story house with no insulation.....I think it will be a big change for us!

Originally Posted by Russian Blue

You must be so happy! 6 years ago we were looking for a starter home as well. In our area, it's almost impossible to find something in a good neighbourhood that doesn't cost a fortune.

But, we were patient, and after viewing over 50 houses (!) we found our current home. We had to renovate everything in it, but we
it and it's been a great investment.

Enjoy!
I am happy! Everything just some how fell in to place, it was fate! This town doesn't really have a bad neighborhood, there's only 2,000 people here!
And I'm so glad you found a good place! I can't wait to know what it feels like to own my own space!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It pays to live in the boonies!
A house like that would *probably* go for 10K less here, but I'm far more rural than you are, I think.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to add- (in reguards to my roof thread!) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you get a thorough home inspection whatever home you decide to get! They are worth it!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

i bought a small 'starter' home 11 years ago - 927 sq. ft. my house payment was also smaller than my rent at the time for a 1 bedroom apartment.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am soooooo happy for you!

It looks inside very much like my first rental house with a roommate, which was such a homey wonderful memory for me. I hope you are very happy there!

Hopefully I will posting something like yours in a few years too, lets hope the real esate in California keeps on going down! (good for me, bad for some)

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats
It must be super-exciting! Our builders are saying our house will be done by the end of October and we can't wait.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

It pays to live in the boonies!
A house like that would *probably* go for 10K less here, but I'm far more rural than you are, I think.
That's no kidding! It probably would go for less where you're at. We live in a pretty good small town. A lot of "rich" people have been building houses and the old rich neighborhood where our new house is.

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I just wanted to add- (in reguards to my roof thread!) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure you get a thorough home inspection whatever home you decide to get! They are worth it!!!
WE WILL!!! We've heard far too many horror stories. We do know that the roof will need replaced in the next few years. Lucky for us my SO's family does roofing!
We're just hoping the home inspection doesn't come up with anything big, that's the only thing that needs to pass in order for the sale to be 100% final.

Originally Posted by laureen227

i bought a small 'starter' home 11 years ago - 927 sq. ft. my house payment was also smaller than my rent at the time for a 1 bedroom apartment.
Wow! That's amazing! I wish our mortage was going to be less than our rent, that would be nice! It's not too much more than rent, so I suppose that's good enough!

Originally Posted by Meowers

I am soooooo happy for you!

It looks inside very much like my first rental house with a roommate, which was such a homey wonderful memory for me. I hope you are very happy there!

Hopefully I will posting something like yours in a few years too, lets hope the real esate in California keeps on going down! (good for me, bad for some)
for you!!! It does look like a nice little cozy place to call home!

Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Congrats
It must be super-exciting! Our builders are saying our house will be done by the end of October and we can't wait.
Oh my gosh it is exciting!!! for you and your house being done on time! You'll have to post pictures!