OMG! Trout just gave me a heart attack!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Plus the cats have to inspect the water when I turn it on.
I shower with the door open too, Harley & Bayley come running at the sound of the water being turned on. They hop in and inspect the water & then sit on the edge & back of the tub and play with the water while I'm showering

I have to sneak off to the bathroom when I'm home, if they know I'm in there, they will scream at the top of their lungs, they act like I'm dying in there or something

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One time, Tiger had pushed back the shower curtain once to see what I was doing, that scared the living daylights out of me! Little monster.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

My bathroom door doesn't latch shut, so I close it but you really can just push the door and it will open..Trout doesn't know this (or so I thought).

I was just out of the shower toweling off, when the door flings open

I screamed! I thought it was a mugger or something..in comes Trouts walking all slowly like "what is your problem mum?"

I almost died of fright!
nono trout don't scare Mommy

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sweets

I don't think I've showered with the door closed in my house in about 9 years!

Years and years ago, I was babysitting for a family that had about 6 cats and a dog. All of the kids were little, so when they had to get out of bed, they would cry. I was in the bathroom, and suddenly the door handle started jiggling. No baby crying, and I didn't hear the garage door open or close so it wasn't the parents.

The door slowly starts to swing open. I am sitting on the toilet, my pants around my ankles, looking for SOMETHING to throw at the burgler, my heart in my throat. The door swings open, and the Siamese male looks around the door as he hangs from the door handle.
That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!!!!
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Scariest thing the cats did to me...

I was sleeping one night, and woke to someone stroking my hair. First thought: "Someone's stroking my hair. Okay."

Immediate second thought "Wait, I live alone."

I just about murdered him when I found it was Billy, stroking my hair with his paw!
Oh I'd be so scared, but that's kinda swee too! Billy was petting you!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Scariest thing the cats did to me...

I was sleeping one night, and woke to someone stroking my hair. First thought: "Someone's stroking my hair. Okay."

Immediate second thought "Wait, I live alone."

I just about murdered him when I found it was Billy, stroking my hair with his paw!
Oh I think I would have had a heart attack
that is hilarious

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I shower with the door open too, Harley & Bayley come running at the sound of the water being turned on. They hop in and inspect the water & then sit on the edge & back of the tub and play with the water while I'm showering

I have to sneak off to the bathroom when I'm home, if they know I'm in there, they will scream at the top of their lungs, they act like I'm dying in there or something
PJ has to touch me through the clear shower curtain....like he's checking to make sure I'm safe.
He only used his teeth to touch me once, though!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once or twice I've been lying in bed and Mitzi's been howling her head off, and that freaked me out! She also jumps up and gives me a wash, licking my hair, eyeballs, nose lol. But the funniest thing is if I'm lying on my side she'll lie beside me and give my neck a little massage

rescuecatsrule

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beauty got under my bed last night - I'd shut her in the kitchen but she managed to open the door and get upstairs.

I sat on the bed only to find a furry thing shooting out at 500 miles an hour.

I was like Beauty! What are you doing up here? It's bedtime!

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
haha, that all sounds so familiar. None of my guys do that, at least not that often, but I've had many a scare because a door has creaked open when I least expected it.

The other day, I was getting ready for work, getting dressed in the bathroom. I believe I had my arm stuck in the sleeve, kind of all tangled up and unable to get in or out of the shirt, when the door just blasted open. OMG, someone's gunna see me nude, and stuck with my elbows in the air!! Augh! But all it was was my dog, Jake, blasting the door open with his head (apparantly I didn't shut the door all the way, lol) and giving me a grin when he verified that I was, indeed, in the bathroom. So I closed the door again, turned around, resumed getting the shirt on, when the door blasted open again! "Hah! Hi mama!" Good thing he gives such a goofy grin when he opens the door, 'cause all I can do is laugh. And heck, it's better than it used to be, where he was terrified of the bathroom and would snarl if you so much as touched him while he passed the open doorway.

I know it's the kitties on the other side of the opening door when the door is creeeeeeping open, sometimes only opening narrowly (just enough for a kitty to fit through). I know it's my dog when the door blasts open like there's no tomorrow, lol