OMG That is so cute!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When Ophelia really likes her head and neck scritches, I mean losing-her-composure getting into scritches, she scrunches up her nose.
It is the cutest thing!

She is 11 years old and she and I have a new-found relationship. She's always been Daddy's Girl. I guess she figured it's out that it's ok to share herself with Mommy.

I just know that when she's really groovin' her little nose gets scrunched up and it is the cutest thing!

Just had to share.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, that is so cute! None of my crew does the nose scrunches unless they're mad or smell something funny.
Ni though, drools when he's ecstatic with the given scritches.

sherry526

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwww!!!! Love through scritches!! They're never too old for a good scritch!!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww that's so sweet!!. The dog nextdoor to where i work does that when he sees you. He gets all excited, wags his tail and scrunches up his nose which makes him look like he's smiling. He sneezes as well when he does it

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Herc drools when he gets excited and not in an 'oh a tad damp' kinda way but in a massive giant dog type of way lol. GiGi will open her mouth and start breathing really heavy in my face when shes excited but thats normally only over butt scritches right above her tail.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's so cute! Jamie is a drooler, but Miezi does the scrunched nose when she's feeling affectionate.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, how cute! I love it when they lose control and drop their "sophisticated" attitude. When Little One really gets into her butt scritches, she raises her butt so high she ends up doing a summersault. Which is really cute until she does one right off the couch. Then I get that look like "why did you do that???"

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, that sounds very cute. Glad she has decided you're acceptable for scritches from!

Neither of mine do that, but Pushkin will drool heavily and flop his head right back in absolute abandon. Till he comes to and jumps up (digging his claws into me) and shakes his head like a dog to send all the drool flying. Pushkin love comes at a high price!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, that IS cute! So nice that she decided to love you too!
The only time I've noticed Genever scrunch her nose is when she's eating dry food and crunching it. Sometimes I just get on the floor and watch her cute scrunched face.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been completely accepted as Meowmy.
Seriously I can't tell y'all, any more than I could fully tell her, how much this means to me.

She gives presents of little stuffed toys to Daddy by leaving them on his pillow when he's not there. Today I found her favorite purple hippo left on my pillow. Not in between like it may have rolled there by accident. Right in the middle of my pillow.

Background: She is our first cat, the baby kitty we rescued from between the walls of the apartment building. Our feral princess. But when she was a little baby kitty I had never heard of "feral" cats or kittens and I did the worst possible thing...I picked her up and held her.

If she knew how adorable she was she would have forgiven me ages ago! I couldn't help myself!!!

After I got that "OMG it's a cute baby kitten!" out of my system I somehow did everything else right by her, even though I didn't find this site for another 3 years. I socialized her. She would accept pets from me but there was no doubt that she was Daddy's girl.

But now...
Ophelia
Mommy!!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Aww, that is so cute! None of my crew does the nose scrunches unless they're mad or smell something funny.
Ni though, drools when he's ecstatic with the given scritches.
Butzie drools too! Then she bunts me, or puts some part of her body on me so I don't move.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How sweet is Ophelia!! That's an awesome compliment to you as her Meowmy.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

YAAAAAY!!!!!

I know how much that means to you - it took Penny forever to give me any lovies after I brough Max home, and that was only after I bought her a cat wheel, and then moved into a place where I was the only human - I sort of forced her into it, LOL!

But I do know how long you've waited for just such a gift, and know how much that little purple toy on your pillow seems like one of the very best presents you've ever gotten!

Congrats to you and your Ophelia!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Heidi - I am BUSTING for you!

The purple hippo on YOUR pillow?
That is just too cute BTW.

As to the scrunchie nose... I thought all kitties did this when they're grooving on pets! Our gang - their whiskers are WAY forward - and their noses are like flat to slightly indented. We call it the "flat nose forward whisker kitty."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Annie is the only one who drools. And only when she's really relaxed and happy, but then it's like a dam broke!

Originally Posted by GingersMom

YAAAAAY!!!!!

I know how much that means to you - it took Penny forever to give me any lovies after I brough Max home, and that was only after I bought her a cat wheel, and then moved into a place where I was the only human - I sort of forced her into it, LOL!

But I do know how long you've waited for just such a gift, and know how much that little purple toy on your pillow seems like one of the very best presents you've ever gotten!

Congrats to you and your Ophelia!
Thank you Betsy, and everyone else who replied here.

The purple hippo is definitely one of the bestest presents I've ever gotten!

Originally Posted by LDG

Oh Heidi - I am BUSTING for you!

The purple hippo on YOUR pillow?
That is just too cute BTW.

As to the scrunchie nose... I thought all kitties did this when they're grooving on pets! Our gang - their whiskers are WAY forward - and their noses are like flat to slightly indented. We call it the "flat nose forward whisker kitty."
That's too funny - none of our kitties do the scrunchie nose except for Ophelia!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww!
You seriously need to get a picture!

Chynna
loved to have neck and chin scritches, and absolutely loved to have her paws/toes massaged! I always knew how into it she was by the amount of drool she generated. She would close her eyes, hug my hand and rest her head on my hand and purr up a storm and drool!

Abby loves neck scritches too! I can't really see her face when I'm scratching her neck though. She tends to like to lay with her butt towards me and head away from me for some reason. She usually ends up curled up half on her side and half on her back with me rubbing the front of her neck under her chin and her tummy. Lots of purrs, but no drool.