OMG She is full.. Poor Skittles.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She seems miserable right now. She is trying to lay but can not get comfy. She paces alot...

winterandsmokey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
omg I can't even begin to imagine having nine or even more little ones running around the house. winter had 7 in her first litter and that was really hard. Litter box trining 7 was hard I can't even begin to imagine more than that. I hope everything goes really smooth for her. I am sending good vibes your way. Your vet bill was really cheap. I pay 42.50 for the exam and they gave me a discount on the x-ray at 60.00 when i took winter in. who still has not had any babies so i guess I will be taking her back in tomorrow or saturday. please keep us updated on skittles. i am glad to hear she is eating a better now as she is going to need her strength to deliver all those babies.

Lisa

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Usually she is under the bed all day except for her 20 min window breaks while sitting on my head.
I'm sorry, but this cracked me up.

Anyway, I certainly hope all goes well..what will be will be!!!

Good luck to you and Skittles, and please let us know!

winterandsmokey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
her x-ray was 2 weeks ago today and yes there were skelatons. i called the vet on monday and he said we should not wait any longer than today. two days ago she found a new spot and today i gave the cats some wet food and some dry and she never game running out and I found her in her new spot and she was meowing pretty good for a few minutes. I think I will check on her soon. Not sure if she really is in labor but would like to see how she is doing as she has been in that spot since 11:30 and has not come out for anything. before she went into her spot she kept going ion the litter box so i think her labor is starting or at least I hope so for her sake.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Skittles is doing the litter thing also but vet said she has no bladder controll all the babies make her pee

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if this happens in cats, but maybe the babies are "dropping" a bit so there's more room for her tummy. I remember it well with my pregnancies. Your stomach feels like it's in your mouth. Ick! Crossing fingers and toes for Skittles!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes they do drop and she has. He told me that and it could be why today she is eating a little. I was also able to see her babies are nearing the canal

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I am worried about Skittles... Please do everything you can to get her to eat. That is so important. Cats can't go long without eating and I would imagine being pregnant is even more dangerous. Also, will you have a way to get in touch with your vet after hours in case there is a problem during the delivery?
i'm glad to hear she's eaten some...you might try chicken baby food - soft, squishy - lots of food value in an easier to digest, more appetizing form.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She wont eat it. Sort of like she knows it is human food. She wont even eat off my plate or the counters and she sits on it alot while I cook.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Bless her, 9 kittens is going to be hard work. You seem to be taking good care of her, just keep trying with the food thing and best of luck with the labour. Will you be able to call the vet if it's during the night and something goes wrong?

winterandsmokey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i am really glad to hear she is eating. I am sure she does not have much room in there for her bladder to expand. poor thing. I remeber going 2 weeks past my own due date and I thought I was gonna die or cut the baby out myself. LOL good luck to you and skittles.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is cleaning herself alot even in that area... She is pacing alot. She can not get still...

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, That's a lot! Mabey she will be like the other cat that was suposed to have 7 to 10 and ended up having 5
Poor girl.

stormysmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww poor girl... Good Luck to you Ms. Skittles. You relax and let mommy give you a nice belly rub. 9 kittens... poor baby.. I hope all goes well.

Say thats alot of pictures for you to take now isn't it.... *hint hint*

winterandsmokey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i hope for skittles sake she goes really soon. i can't imagine having nine babies. I hope she does not get overwhelmed by all of them when she has them. winter did her first time. please let us know how she is doing. i am worried about her and I'm not even her mama.