Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tamme, what a house to die for!! When Rob and I were looking for our current home last year, I always found the MLS listings to be wrong in some respect. Whenever I found a home I liked I always called the realtor to confirm the facts. Here in Toronto, I hit the worst time to find a home because houses were selling within hours of being listed!! That's why it took us close to a year to find this place, and there were 3 other bids on this house besides ours!!

I'm so glad the process is over, but it was fun to search for the ultimate dream home from those listings!!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bill and I spent about 3 months, house-hunting. Our first bid fell through, because the realtor lied to us. We got another realtor and re-submitted the bid on this house and got it.

There was only one other house, that we liked better, than this one but it was $236,000 and we could not afford that. Our cutoff was $100,000 and we got this one for $90,000.

Our realtor was cool. We gave her a geographic area, price range, number of bedrooms and she gave us a computer printout of available houses. We drove around each neighborhood and checked them out and told her which ones that we wanted to look at closer.

We looked at some pretty crappy places. This house suits us, just fine. The rooms are large enough, it has a big, fenced backyard and gas for heating and cooking.

Keep looking - something will turn up.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tamme - sorry about the typo. When you are ready get an agent looking for you. They can get things before the sign goes on the lawn - we bought our house the day it went on the market. There wasn't even a sign and only agents knew about, but our agent was fantastic! We told her what we were looking for and she kept trying until we found the perfect house for us (we probably looked at about 50 houses over 3 months)