OMG - Jury duty!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Firts to all,...congratulations Kim!...
for you don´t get nervous and can do it a great rol on it!

Originally Posted by KittKatt

No, it shouldn't - not for any of us!

When they ask you for "proof" as to your mental state of mind, just direct them to TCS..

~KK~

Originally Posted by StacyD1987

That's hilarious!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never heard of anyone going there!

I got called for jury duty one month after my 18th birthday. I was in college and excited till I saw that it was for SIX months!!!!! I told my mom about it and luckily they gave me a break because I was an hour away at college!

A month won't be bad. If you aren't in school you will be compensated for your time from work.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Ummm, yes. I just called my daughter into the room to observe that I could touch 5 cats at once right now.
You could provide even more proof that you're a crazy cat lady, when you direct them to TCS, and they see all the pics of your furbabies in your posts..

Or, when you go in for the selection process, don't brush off all the cat fuzz off your clothes. You probably won't need anymore proof than that..

~KK~

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

You could provide even more proof that you're a crazy cat lady, when you direct them to TCS, and they see all the pics of your furbabies in your posts..

Or, when you go in for the selection process, don't brush off all the cat fuzz off your clothes. You probably won't need anymore proof than that..

~KK~
WHAT???!!! There's cat hair on my clothes?

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I'm lucky. I work in the courthouse so they can never call me for jury duty. All I can say is I've worked on some cases that have lasted 4 days and it's not easy sitting there hour after hour. I do have work to do while the case is going on but there are down times when it's all I can do to stiffle a yawn and God forbid if I have to use the bathroom! I prefer the normal court days that have multiple cases in one day.

Good luck if you are picked to go. I'm sure it will be quite the experience.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WHAT???!!! There's cat hair on my clothes?
You didn't notice??
That PROVES that you're certified!!

~KK~

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Interesting. So, how did the summons look? The same as the county one or totally government official looking?
Sometimes federal trials go on for many months at a time.
Seriously, MOST of them are sooo worthless like the drug cases.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive been called to jury duty a couple times! The last one was for a molestation/murder case, but they dismissed me because of some stuff that happened when I was younger, saying that I was biased! And I should be darnit! That guy raped a little girl, when the mom came in and found it he killed her! I wanted him to get the chair....

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I still remember the first time being called for jury duty (county). I had just turned 18. Back then I was sporting a black mohawk and still wearing punk rock attire. LOL I was the first to be dismissed!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The summons looks very official with a seal and everything. I'm not sure what US District Court tries as far as what kind of crimes.

ooomisseooo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

The summons looks very official with a seal and everything. I'm not sure what US District Court tries as far as what kind of crimes.
They usually extend from extortion to drug cartel cases....and many are terrorists related cases as well. Alot of the times the feds will make a worthless little case into something they think is big.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by oOoMissEoOo

They usually extend from extortion to drug cartel cases....and many are terrorists related cases as well. Alot of the times the feds will make a worthless little case into something they think is big.
Sounds interesting...I've got cross stitch & books to take to get me through the day, LOL. My poor boss. Every time I mention Jury Duty he goes white.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sounds interesting...I've got cross stitch & books to take to get me through the day, LOL. My poor boss. Every time I mention Jury Duty he goes white.
They may not let you take the cross stitch needle. I took crochet to work on - I had to give up my hooks at security. Guess I was gonna debrain someone like the Egyptians did

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

They may not let you take the cross stitch needle. I took crochet to work on - I had to give up my hooks at security. Guess I was gonna debrain someone like the Egyptians did
Good call! Maybe I'll just bring a book. I'll set off the metal detecters anyway, with my hip, LOL.