OMG I've never been this sick!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I am so glad you are feeling better, Heidi. But still take it easy while your body is recouping.
Give yourself plenty of time to make a complete recovery before you go back to work, okay? Be gentle with yourself.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that sounds bad. I don't necessarily get a bad cold per season, but I usually get bad GI symptoms a few times a year. It does cause havoc on the body. Poor you!

Sending for a continued recovery, Heidi.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Give yourself plenty of time to make a complete recovery before you go back to work, okay? Be gentle with yourself.
I wish it were that easy! I'm back at work on my normal schedule. I don't have any more vacation time accrued or sick time. And there are deadlines to meet...and the bosses do get annoyed if anyone is out more than one day sick. I was out 2 days, though I did work at home the 2nd day. Small company and there really isn't anyone who can pick up the slack, so unless you're in the hospital, it's just not OK to be out. It's not ideal, but that's life.

I just need to get my husband to realize that just because I ate almost one semi-real meal doesn't mean I'm well. He's talking about going to an all-you-can-eat Sushi place tomorrow. Um, I don't think that's a good idea.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I just need to get my husband to realize that just because I ate almost one semi-real meal doesn't mean I'm well. He's talking about going to an all-you-can-eat Sushi place tomorrow. Um, I don't think that's a good idea.
Eww
Mine jumps the gun like that, too. I think it's partly denial since they can't make us better.

Glad to hear your feeling somewhat better.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I wish it were that easy! I'm back at work on my normal schedule. I don't have any more vacation time accrued or sick time. And there are deadlines to meet...and the bosses do get annoyed if anyone is out more than one day sick. I was out 2 days, though I did work at home the 2nd day. Small company and there really isn't anyone who can pick up the slack, so unless you're in the hospital, it's just not OK to be out. It's not ideal, but that's life.

Do you want me to hit him over the head for you? It sounds like you picked up a Norovirus - really nasty! I hope you can rest up over the weekend, Heidi.