OMG I've become a cat food snob!

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
now that i am working again and can afford to feed squishy right i do make sure she gets the good stuff and now that i see how it makes a difference in her energy, coat, and crave for food i wont go back to the cheap stuff.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by stormy

I can't afford to get the best quality of canned food but I do make a point of getting the best dry food I can, lately I've been feeding them Blue Buffalo brand. They all seem to like it well enough, except for Spyder who won't eat any dry food at all.
So, here is something interesting I found out recently. I was buying my cats Natural Balance from Whole Pets (health-food store for animals!
) which runs about $.99 for a big can $.79 for a small. One month I was REALLY REALLY broke and decided to try PetCo (or the super market) for a slightly lower-quality/cheaper food and noticed that a lot of it (besides the REAL crap) was similarly priced. Fancy Feast "Delicate Cuts" were like $1.24 for a small can. Sheeba $.99 for small can. MaxCat/Nutro/Authority all $.89 for a big can...

So yeah, it's pretty crazy. The dry food I think has a little more of an extreme price difference btwn supermarket brands and "natural" brands, but it is just something to think about. (plus at Whole pets you get 10% off when you buy a case of canned.) =)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hammyandwaf

now that i am working again and can afford to feed squishy right i do make sure she gets the good stuff and now that i see how it makes a difference in her energy, coat, and crave for food i wont go back to the cheap stuff.
I totally agree!!

BTW, Squishy is very cute with a cute name to match!

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thank you so much, when we got her she was just a little tiny ball of fluff and when we picked her up her fluff felt squishy so with her being cute too we decided that squishy would be a suitable name so it stuck!!!!