OMG it's Billy's 2nd Gotcha Day!!!!!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I know.
The woman really wanted to take them both - but her hubby put his foot down at one indoor kitty. We knew what good care she took of her other kitty because of the vet connection, and everyone there loved her... and we were just running out of time. We STILL cry about it, even though we know how happy Bing is there (he REALLY bonded with her youngest son
) - and how happy - finally - Billy is here. We're just SO thankful Chum is sooooooo sweet to him. You should hear him purr when Chumley grooms him. Makes Gary jealous!

P.S. Bing didn't grieve over the separation like Billy did. He had started taking off on his own sometimes, and Billy was bumming outside about that. Bing LOVED being petted, and was much needier from a "people" perspective and less so from a "cat" perspective than Billy was.
Thank you for sharing more of the story, especially this last part. I feel much better about it now. Silly maybe, to fret over something that happened two years ago, but my heart was still hurting a little over it. But knowing that Bing was ready to go his own way soon anyway, and it was Billy who was the more needy one, I can see that things worked out just right after all. Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Otto, I hope you're back to see this, but here's Bing outside:

...and here's Billy
- who wants to go and be next to Bing:

Bing took a while to be comfortable being inside - and going down the stairs - but he loved taunting the dog from day 2.

These days Billy is a total love bug, a lap cat - and if I lean over, he'll "stand up" and put his paws on my shoulders and "hugs" me (which is just TOO sweet!) - and he even loves being held like a baby.
But it took a while to get there. And now that he's got Chumley to love on him all day long... he is just in heaven.

We hated splitting them up, and still feel guilty about it... but I do think that in the end, everything happens for a reason. With 20/20 hindsight, it seems Bing was going his own way, and Billy's heart would have been broken anyway.

lovewhiskers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A Happy belated Purrday wish for little Billy from us

I have a very soft spot for black and white kitties and Billy just melts my heart away. He seems to be a very emotional kitty...Joe and I loved the one photo of Billy and Bing walking towards the camera together; it is so clear in that photo that they are brothers, the same body frame, walk , even the look in their eyes etc.

And the photo of you holding Bing while he is blissfully making biscuits in the air is so very sweet
Does Bing have some Russian Blue in him?

What a lovely story. I too think it all happened for a reason

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I very much doubt there's any Russian Blue in there - but you never know, I guess. There are generations of ferals here, and absolutely heaps of small farms and LOTS of barn cats. We have never met ANYONE in the area that has a pure bred anything (cat-wise).

Interesting question though - I'm going to ask the vets we work with what percentage of the cats they treat are pure bred.