OMG I'm being interviewed for the news!!!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think you sounded great, and very intelligent, not like an airhead at all.

The breeder I got from SunLee from, sent me a letter about this bill, and she wanted wanted me to sign a petition against it. I said, NO WAY. I want it to pass. They were taking really nasty potshots against the man I believe Mr Levine, who proposed it in the first place.

I don't know why so many breeders are against it. I mean it states quite clearly that decent breeders will not have to spay and neuter their animals. It's mostly to stop BYB, and Moggies from being bred.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I think you sounded great, and very intelligent, not like an airhead at all.

The breeder I got from SunLee from, sent me a letter about this bill, and she wanted wanted me to sign a petition against it. I said, NO WAY. I want it to pass. They were taking really nasty potshots against the man I believe Mr Levine, who proposed it in the first place.

I don't know why so many breeders are against it. I mean it states quite clearly that decent breeders will not have to spay and neuter their animals. It's mostly to stop BYB, and Moggies from being bred.
Thanks
I sent the clip to my aunt, and she thought I was against the bill so they obviously didn't show enough to make my views clear. Oh well, doesn't matter now.

I don't understand it either. When I started hearing about it, I thought it was probably a good thing, but wanted to read both sides of the argument and hadn't formed an opinion. I knew that there had to be a reason so many people were so vocally against it. I went to a local open meeting a few weeks ago still a little on the fence, but more in favour than not. After hearing all the same lame arguments against the bill, and not hearing anything convincing why it shouldn't be passed, except that breeders didn't want to pay more money, I got more and more angry, and am now very much for it.

I've been trying to understand why people are against it, and sure, it's not the best bill, but I think the positives HUGELY outweigh the negatives.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if you go in to our own breeders corner there are some explanations from the breeders' point of view.....

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. Great that you were able to do that. Too bad they are dropping the bill!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You were great on the clip - which side you were on was very clear to me. Journalists always try to twist stuff around, I dont know why. Even if the bill was dropped, you have helped make more people aware of the situation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe they're going to clean up a lot of the wording, and put more work into it, then reintroduce it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww great job hon!!!!

and it looks like stumpy was putting on a show for them cleaning her chops

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i hope they give you more time......... stumpy was SO cute......

they didn't handle that part of it really well either....they were talking about the circumstances to how you got her and then made it sound like if she had been spayed she wouldn't have had a broken pelvis/hip.... weird. it's almost like they do it on purpose.