OMG I had to call the Fire department!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I'm happy to be alive tonight! Well, I finally got the refrigerator out tonight. All the water was coming from a little copper tubing that fed water into the automatic ice maker. What a mess! By the end of the day I had spun all my towels out in the washer at least a dozen times. And I emptied about 6 buckets of water from sopping some of the water up with the mop. I'm exhausted and my back is aching! But I'm glad to be alive!

All my food is in coolers outside. But the church brought over a small apartment size fridge for me to use until I get a new full size. That was thoughtful of them! It will at least help me get by.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to know things are okay. It is very nice of them to lend you the fridge until you find a replacement.

Fires are really so scary. My aunt recently lost her entire house due to an electrical short (?) in her son's computer. It happened when everyone was asleep. Thankfully their fire alarm worked and everybody was able to run out to the street. But it was amazing how fast the fire consumed everything. Even the firemen couldn't stop it!

2rascalkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The good thing is is that you're safe. Something like that would freak me out too. So who's paying for the damage to your home? Hehe!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by 2rascalkitties
So who's paying for the damage to your home? Hehe!
The insurance company and me! I have to go shop for new refrigerators tomrrow.