OMG I got a SS Gift ALREADY!!!! Received Thread 2011

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This year was especially rough because of the host switch and general post office shenanigans plus me basically handling the whole sha-bang on my own- let me tell you, wrangling 40+ Secret Santas from all over the world is a full time job
So, you drank all the tequilla and ate all the chocolates we sent by yourself huh? Hmmmmm? LOL, don't blame you, I would go crazy trying to organize something like that.

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah Angie I still have that picture it sits along side the ones I have of Flash, Sooty and Smooch :)

And yup Katie I do not envy your task hahaha

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This year was especially rough because of the host switch and general post office shenanigans plus me basically handling the whole sha-bang on my own- let me tell you, wrangling 40+ Secret Santas from all over the world is a full time job :lol3: I will not let it deter me tho! I will continue to be your SS coordinator, but there will no Christmas in July :bat: :lol3:
Do you want some cheese with that whine? :flail: :flail: :flail

Katie knows I am kidding. ;) She listened to me whine non-stop when I used to organize it and was still game enough to take it on. :lol3:

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very unfortunate that Meda and others have had a disappointing experience, but that's the nature of the internet I suppose. We have made our rules stricter over the last couple years and there are still folks who, for one reason or another, don't follow through, or that have life interfere, or whatever it is. There are many members that will be crazy active and then just disappear, and even long long long term members move on suddenly. I'm glad this will not prevent you from participating, Meda, because really, if you quit things after one bad experience, would any of us being doing anything? This year was especially rough because of the host switch and general post office shenanigans plus me basically handling the whole sha-bang on my own- let me tell you, wrangling 40+ Secret Santas from all over the world is a full time job
I will not let it deter me tho! I will continue to be your SS coordinator, but there will no Christmas in July
 no Christmas in July

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This year was especially rough because of the host switch and general post office shenanigans plus me basically handling the whole sha-bang on my own- let me tell you, wrangling 40+ Secret Santas from all over the world is a full time job :lol3: I will not let it deter me tho! I will continue to be your SS coordinator, but there will no Christmas in July :bat: :lol3:
Do you want some cheese with that whine? :flail: :flail: :flail

Katie knows I am kidding. ;) She listened to me whine non-stop when I used to organize it and was still game enough to take it on. :lol3:
I'd rather have some cheese with my wine :lol3:

I actually love doing it, mostly cause I'm very nosy, before I was coordinator, Karen used to torture me :( :lol3:

It's very unfortunate that Meda and others have had a disappointing experience, but that's the nature of the internet I suppose. We have made our rules stricter over the last couple years and there are still folks who, for one reason or another, don't follow through, or that have life interfere, or whatever it is. There are many members that will be crazy active and then just disappear, and even long long long term members move on suddenly. I'm glad this will not prevent you from participating, Meda, because really, if you quit things after one bad experience, would any of us being doing anything? This year was especially rough because of the host switch and general post office shenanigans plus me basically handling the whole sha-bang on my own- let me tell you, wrangling 40+ Secret Santas from all over the world is a full time job :lol3: I will not let it deter me tho! I will continue to be your SS coordinator, but there will no Christmas in July :bat: :lol3:

no Christmas in July :jaw:     
that's right, NO, in bold, italics, capitals and underlined, Christmas in July :lol3:

Last edited:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's still June, August, September...

All of those have a nice ring...

I highly recommend anyone being Katie's Secret Santa.   You can post all kinds of things ("my recipient says she only wants llama related gifts").  She can't really say much back, since she is bound to the Secret Santa Coordinator's Code of Honor.   I am not very devious, so teasing her was great fun.  And she does only want llama related items. 

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that's right, NO, in bold, italics, capitals and underlined, Christmas in July :lol3:
There's still June, August, September... :D

:dash:

There's still June, August, September... :D
:dash:

All of those have a nice ring...:clap:

I highly recommend anyone being Katie's Secret Santa.   You can post all kinds of things ("my recipient says she only wants llama related gifts").  She can't really say much back, since she is bound to the Secret Santa Coordinator's Code of Honor.   I am not very devious, so teasing her was great fun.  And she does only want llama related items.  :seesaw:   :flail: :flail: :flail:
ok, let me re-phrase, no Christmas in months not beginning with D :lol3:

yeah, I can't say anything cause I don't want to disappoint anyone else hoping to get all llama stuff :lol3:

Last edited:

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got the SS package back today. I mailed it on Dec 17th, so I get it back 5 months later almost to the day. At least my girls are going to enjoy the cat treats. We checked and they have not passed the expiration date. My recipient missed out on a beautiful seashell jewel box.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got the SS package back today. I mailed it on Dec 17th, so I get it back 5 months later almost to the day. At least my girls are going to enjoy the cat treats. We checked and they have not passed the expiration date. My recipient missed out on a beautiful seashell jewel box.

Who was your recipient? 

Yayi had a gift returned last year because her recipient had died :( 

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
You have to wonder why it took five months for it to be returned. At least you did get it back, and the treats are still okay to eat.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your recipient will probably be banned from participating in the future. I am sorry you had to go through this. 

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sent my brother some Christmas gifts a few years back which he assured me he never received.  In July of the following year they were returned to me by the post office with the box all broken open and taped back up again.  I still have no idea where the box was for 8 months (November to July).