OMG, I am SO mad! No lion cut today!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Take a deep breathe ....

I know your pain having my own semi wild child ...

I too would be fuming ... but yes Ferris Penny and Ginger can sence it

On the call did you get any satisfaction from the vet ?? If not call back later and explain ( the clinic likely knew YESTURDAY and why werent you called)

BIG

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UGH. How frustrating. The bright side is that Ferris is blissfully ignorant except for the grumbly tummy...on the human aspect...Nothing wrong with a good vent. There may be very good reasons for the cancellation, but that doesn't change that it sucks and it doesn't make it any less frustrating. Here's a
for you.

Vent away. I'm personally a little disappointed that we'll have to wait for Ferris lion cut picts

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh sweetie I can understand how frustrated you must be!

Having anyone cancel that close to an appointment is rude - I mean 10 minutes before - most people would live far enough away to already be in a car! When did this person find out about their dog? Did they also know yesterday they probably wouldn't be in today?? The vet tech should have been responsible enough to call in as early as possible knowing appointments would get cancelled.

I mean how long would a full lion cut appt. take anyway?? They could probably schedule it for any time during the day given he gets dropped off and picked up later.

I hope you're planning on letting them know it is VERY unprofessional to cancel an appointment that late and exactly how much stress they caused you all.

I know if I had to try and catch my Lily for an appointment (and she's fine in the carrier, just gets very scared when she realises I'm trying to catch her), and had starved my kitties all night, I'd be fuming as well!!!

Sorry you had such a bad start to the day, hopefully it can only get better!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Firstly let me say I didn't mean to make you more angry and for that I apologize. I read your thread as you being EXTREMELY upset and more than just venting and I was trying to get you to see both sides of the issue - devil's advocate if you wish in hopes that it would have a more calming effect than it obviously did.

I wasn't verbally abusing you or lecturing you so the "BACK OFF" comment was really unnecessary but certainly an indication of your emotional turmoil.
I hope you have a better day than it has started out to be.
Thank you.
I know you are NOT mean spirited and that you offer advice from the heart. And I did NOT mean to imply that you are verbally abusive, you are SO NOT, I meant that more along the lines of I did not verbally beat up the vet's receptionist when she called to cancel.

But I AM incredibly angry, and perhaps PMSing, which only makes things worse. I also apologize for barking at you.

I am not in control of this situation, I am dealing with it as best as I can, even if that appears to be poorly, and I made certain that my anger has NOT affected the cats in a negative manner.

But I had to have a place to vent - I am relatively slow to anger but when I'm angry, BOOM! And a devil's advocate at that point will only get run over by my steamroller emotions.

Thanks for the apology - I'm sorry, too. I'm still really
at the vet's office. The dog was put down yesterday, I spoke to the vet's office last night at 7 p.m., and if the tech was that upset, there should have been some sort of advance indication that today would be too difficult a day for him/her.

This is the THIRD vet I have had for my cats in less than two years, they are half holistic and they are the ONLY ones that I have found that are relatively close and support the way I care for my cats. They support raw feeding, they offer holistic choices for some treatments, and they put up with my neurosis surrounding my care of my cats.

When I speak with them on Thursday morning I'll have a better idea of what their day looked like today, but then I will be much calmer, and they will be giving Ferris his annual checkup three months early so that I won't have to traumatize him to get him to the vets again in 3 months, seeing as how we are moving in 6 weeks and I will once again have to crate him for the move.

They really DO try to work with me, but I think that whoever made the decision to cancel Ferris' appointment was NOT looking at the big picture where he is concerned.

After my chat with them on Thursday it will be REALLY clear to them that this will NEVER happen again.