OMG! He's Vaccuming!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't it interesting that we are always asking men or children to "help" us out with the housework? Like it is automatically OUR job even though we work full-time, go to school, etc. Who are they helping? Why can't we help them with housework?

Then, they get kudos for doing so. Who congratulates women when they get some mundane chore accomplished?

Not saying all men are this way - but all the ones who aren't are married to very smart women!

Okay, off the soapbox now - another fine example of why I am still single

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

Who congratulates women when they get some mundane chore accomplished?
I do!!

Not saying all men are this way - but all the ones who aren't are married to very smart women!
Well, I NEVER needed a woman to get me to clean or cook, I have been doing these things well before getting married. And trust me, I have seen or know of a lot of woman who can't even pick up after themselves
Now, in our house yes, my wife does the majority of the cooking, since she likes to cook and she is very good at it. And yes, I tell her so
While she cooks, I do other things around the house. I will clean up in the kitchen while she cooks. I also do the majority of the laundry and as stated, I like to vacuum. They key here is to share in the work. I don't feel any one task is either the mans or womans job.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Well, I NEVER needed a woman to get me to clean or cook, I have been doing these things well before getting married. And trust me, I have seen or know of a lot of woman who can't even pick up after themselves
Now, in our house yes, my wife does the majority of the cooking, since she likes to cook and she is very good at it. And yes, I tell her so
While she cooks, I do other things around the house. I will clean up in the kitchen while she cooks. I also do the majority of the laundry and as stated, I like to vacuum. They key here is to share in the work. I don't feel any one task is either the mans or womans job.
See, you're married!

Sorry, I really didn't mean to put down men, especially the great guys on this site. I have three brothers and only one of them manages to clean. I am just tired of a society that still seems to expect this of women. I agree that the key is sharing. In my experience, it is a theory that has never been put to the test

Hope this wasn't a thread hijack

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol since when did only doing inside stuff count as housework?
someone has to also fix the cars, cut and or shovel the snow, fix the stuff that breaks in the house. etc etc etc,

i dont think i have ever a lady say, dear i will change the oil in my car, if you will go wash stuff. Nor have i ever had one offer to help with yard work Minus putting out flowers.
So you see it kinda works both ways.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol since when did only doing inside stuff count as housework?
someone has to also fix the cars, cut and or shovel the snow, fix the stuff that breaks in the house. etc etc etc,

i dont think i have ever a lady say, dear i will change the oil in my car, if you will go wash the dishs
I starter to reply, of course. Decided instead to just say:
Sorry again. I don't want to start an argument here
I really don't want to hijack this thread. Is there a way to delete my posts?

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

cut and or shovel the snow
You cut your snow in that part of Ohio? We just shovel or use a snow blower on ours
Nor have i ever had one offer to help with yard work Minus putting out flowers
My wife will get out there and cut the grass, if I am on one of my qoofy schedules at work.
I starter to reply, of course. Decided instead to just say:
Sorry again. I don't want to start an argument here I really don't want to hijack this thread. Is there a way to delete my posts
No need to do that, as stated, we are having fun here

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It worked!!! It worked!! My plan to leave the vaccume cleaner right where he left it (since he said he would finish it at dinner last night) it worked!!! He's vaccuming again
I'm sooo excited! This morning i had a ton of stuff to do- clean house, more laundry, bathe all the kittens, dishes, etc and all so it's nice for him to help!
/ Oh and just a side note- i change the oil in my car too

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

LOL! my DH doesn't vacuum either. but i can't complain. he hates it and opted for laundry duties instead.
i just keep trying to convince him i need that robot vacuum. he's not going for it though.
oh that would be nice!!! i've always wondered how well those work!!!!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

It worked!!! It worked!! My plan to leave the vaccume cleaner right where he left it (since he said he would finish it at dinner last night) it worked!!! He's vaccuming again
I'm sooo excited! This morning i had a ton of stuff to do- clean house, more laundry, bathe all the kittens, dishes, etc and all so it's nice for him to help!
/ Oh and just a side note- i change the oil in my car too
*gets pen and paper*
Now how did you get Colin to vaccum?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

*gets pen and paper*
Now how did you get Colin to vaccum?
ohhh ummm
i'll leave it at that
i used my womanly charms that morning and then he went into a vaccuming frenzy to show his appreciation i suppose

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ohhh ummm
i'll leave it at that
i used my womanly charms that morning and then he went into a vaccuming frenzy to show his appreciation i suppose
\\
poor poor him.
Please tell him to turn in his man hood card. to the local chapter.
just teasing
its always a good thing to help each other

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

\\
poor poor him.
Please tell him to turn in his man hood card. to the local chapter.
just teasing
its always a good thing to help each other
oh whatever, he's sooo not being mistreated

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ohhh ummm
i'll leave it at that

That always motivates them!