OMG GUYS!!!! Just got back from the vet and guess what!!!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet said he was so sorry about isadora, and said I know you guys have alot of cats but we have two black 4-5 month old kittens in the back. They both have alittle white on there chest
We went back and looked at them and they are both male and fixed. He saved them from an animal shelter that was going to but them down. One was really cuddly. I said we would take him as long as all his test came back neg
So hopefully I will be getting a black MALE cat with a white dot on his chest! It doesn't replace isadora, but it does make me fell like I didn't fail with her. It is also nice to know that my vet rescues cats!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Val, that was so nice of your vet to think of you! Must show that he knows you guys take good care of your pets if he's willing to adopt another to you.

Of course, you could never replace Isadora, but you can have your precious black kitty!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds soooo wonderful!!! I hope you will be able to adopt this kitten and that the two of you will have many happy years together!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure hope! My vet is also giving me some AMAZING discounts! We took neo in for a check up and ALL five kittens in for shots and the second dose of deworming and it was only 120 dollars! Most vets charge that for one cat!

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great! I'm so happy for you!!

And, I hope this isn't inappropriate, but I haven't been here regularly for a few weeks. What happened to Isadora? Last I heard you had picked out her name and were taking her to the vet to get checked.

pollyanna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so great!!!
Wonderful that your will be getting a black cat again (I also want one someday!), and also to know that your wet rescues. My ex vet (I changed) onces took me to the cliniqs bathroom (!) to show me a family that came in to be put down. A mum and several kittens in beautyful champagne colour, that temporarily had the luxury of having a flat on their own. He had then already given 2 of the kittens away, and they were so beautyful that the others and the mum must have left quicly to a new home.
My current vet aslo never puts animals down if they have any other possibilities, and if they know of anyone having kittens, they try to help getting them to new homes. This makes me so glad. The one that has been treating Pollýanna even asked me to phone herself (the vet, not Pollýanna), when she was pregnant, if there would be a tortie, then she wanted it.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
isadora went in to liver failure and passed away
they still aren't sure what caused it. They beleave she might have had FIP or that it was cause by the amount of ticks she had. I didn't get to take her to my normal vet for her first visit. And the vet i took her to said she was fine. Over a period of two weeks she dropped a pound and she was sleeping ALOT. So we took her to the kitty er on thursday 6/12 and then to the normal vet on 6/13 and she passed away on 6/13 around 3:00. My husband and I were and still are so heart broken. She was so younger and I just don't know what else I could have done. I'm at peace with it now. I know I did my best and that we gaver her a good two weeks of our lives.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Val, that is wonderful! I can feel the excitement in your post!

You could never replace Isadora, but she would want you to save others just like you did for her.
Hope all the tests come out good...and ya better get some pics of this new lil guy!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he looks JUST like her. Same size and everything, just not so thin but he has that white on his chest

He is going to be named Sabastion and his nick name will be bast.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe Isadora had a part in sending you Bast? Things happen in magical and mysterious ways, ya know!

auroraviva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh! I am so sorry Val!! I'll shut up now since I know the last thing you want after something like that is people asking what happened and continuing to talk about it. Sorry to bring it up, I just didn't know!

I'm sure Isadora is looking out for you and whispered in God's ear to send you another black kitty.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by AuroraViva
Oh! I am so sorry Val!! I'll shut up now since I know the last thing you want after something like that is people asking what happened and continuing to talk about it. Sorry to bring it up, I just didn't know!

I'm sure Isadora is looking out for you and whispered in God's ear to send you another black kitty.
it's okay, I really dont' mind talking about it now. I'm going through the healing process and things are starting to fall back into place.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Val, remember how I told you Isadora meant "Gift from Isis"? Well now it looks like Isis got her Sister, Bast, to send you a gift as well.

SO happy for you!!!!!

And what a wonderful vet!!!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Mom of 10 Cats
Val, remember how I told you Isadora meant "Gift from Isis"? Well now it looks like Isis got her Sister, Bast, to send you a gift as well.

SO happy for you!!!!!

And what a wonderful vet!!!
I figured bast would be the perfect nick name for the little guy! now I just hope that everyone will stay healthy and that kitties test are okay so we can take him home! Hubby is kinda not to thrilled about this but he knows it is what I really really want and vet care is really cheaper by the half dozen

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so happy for you and I am so glad that your vet is being so giving to you, you deserve that! Linda