omg guess what

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok... my 2 cents again for what it's worth.

Just last weekend, or the weeked before you were upset that things didn't work out between you and a boy you met at the mall. You mentioned that you don't have a lot of friends. One of your friends was raped recently and found out that she was pregnant... Wasn't that a wake up call for you? I know it's hard being your age. I know that you feel like your parents don't understand you but please trust me on this... doing things spur of the moment to get away from "Mommy and Daddy" usually turn into being life lessons in the end. Everyone has the feeling that they can't wait to move away once they are 18 or graduate. It is the decisions that you make during this critical time in your life that form the foundation for where you end up. My advice, stay home, go to college and make a life for yourself. Once you are independant, meaning you can support yourself, move where ever the heck you want to. Date this guy if you wish but have him visit you first. You have never mentioned him before, and since you seem to tell us alot about what goes on I think it's safe to assume that you haven't know him long? Don't make long term decisions such as moving to Cali based on this guy. Remember the guy in the mall? You have to start learning from your experiences and those of your friends. Please don't let feeling lonely and angry with your parents allow you to make a dumb decision that you will regret in the long run. Slow down and enjoy your life!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just last week, you were moping, because you met some boy, tried to set up a "date" and he stood you up. THIS week, you're ready to up sticks and fly across the country, to be with someone that you hven't even MET.

Don't you pay attention to stories about predators, surfing the net, just looking for gullible young people to exploit? Check out the Center For Missing and Exploited Children's website. Maybe THAT will drum some sense into your head.

Just this past week, Tucson police busted two men. One thought that he was flying here, to have sex with a 13 y/o boy and the other was coming for a 14 y/o girl. When they arrived, they found that their prospective "dates" were Tucson cops, alerted by the Center For Missing and Exploited Children. These two had set off someone's radar, in a chat room and the Center set up a sting, with TPD.

Score two more, for the good guys!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tanya?

I am available for adoption if you are interested!
Your kids are lucky- they have a level-headed mom!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Tanya?

I am available for adoption if you are interested!
Your kids are lucky- they have a level-headed mom!
No kids of my own MA! Got my fiances 8 year old son who stays with us frequently though

I am waiting for him to get interested in the internet. We will have strict rules in our house. No internet in his bedroom where we can't moniter what is going on, and no chatting. We (my fiance and I) don't go into chat rooms and he won't either. Not at our house anyway. It is much too dangerous and causes too many problems.

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the time you get out of school, your feelings for him may have changed. I say go ahead and enjoy having a "boyfriend" and worry about the rest when it gets to that. Just be careful, safe, and think about what's best for your cat! You don't want him to be mommy-less, do you?

journey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lil_Axl_Gurl

I'm the one that said I go to him. Because I'd rather live there then here.
I know, I would rather live in California too!!! That's why I said, let him visit you first, and THEN visit Cali and him AFTER you find he is trustworthy.

Or visit California on your own when you have graduated and want to get to know the world better. I know you want to get out of where you live (I don't know where you live) as I always did too when I was 18. But don't take him up on his offer for the flight. If you really, really want to go to California and meet him - at least pay for your own flight, stay in a hotel, and then meet him in a crowded place and don't tell him which hotel you are staying at.

I agree with you that you want to get out of your town and see other places, and especially California, but just do it on your own then, don't rely on anyone else......ESPECIALLY a guy. Trust me, I've been through it before, and I would more than happy to talk to you thru PM if you like!

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. Listen to all the experience and common sense coming at you.
You may think people are just trying to rain on your parade but these words of wisdom are coming from a place of experience and concern for your well-being.

As everyone said, though you may want to get out of where you at, don't give yourself up to the first opportunity.
You really aren't being true to yourself if you have already made up your mind to live there when you haven't even met this guy yet.

Get him to come for a visit on your own terms and in your own surroundings.
If he does care about you, he will be very welcome to the idea.

I wish you good luck and good sense with this.
Stay safe.

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lil_Axl_Gurl

I'm the one that said I go to him. Because I'd rather live there then here.
Trust me, you don't want to move to California...it costs a fortune to live there.
I'll lecture you on this point, coming from someone who has moved back & forth across the country a time or two.
Say you did pick up & move to California-what kind of a job will you get to help pay for an apartment that costs at least 1000.00 a month? Just for rent? What about utilities, food, gas, necessities? Let's say this guy ISNT an old pervert-with the two of you, working the average lower paying jobs that younger people get, you will still struggle. And love don't pay the bills. Do you really want to get stuck out there without your family, calling your parents(who will be worried sick about you, by the way) & asking them for money?
If you really want me to get bleak, I'll go on about potential abuse, drugs, bad neighborhoods. That's where the poor people live. Please don't kid yourself. Stay where you are, & stay young for as long as you can.