OMG!! An earthquake!!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I lived in Guam, we had tremors every few months and they really weren't a big deal...a bit unsettling but nothing major. Then one night, I woke up in the middle of the night, antsy. I tossed and turned, couldn't get back to sleep and finally went out and got something to eat. I was sitting on the couch with Jasper, one of my cats, on my lap when he suddenly hissed, dug his claws in my legs and did a flying leap off!

I had 5 cats at the time, and the rest all just went crazy! I thought they saw something, because they were all heading into the kitchen, so I got up to see what was going on. I got 2 steps, and the floor shifted. It knocked me off my feet. I felt like I was drunk, I couldn't get my balance...it was the scariest feeling!

My BF at the time had a huge, very HEAVY wooded Lion's head hanging above the couch and it fell off the wall and landed on the couch exactly where it was sitting! Books fell off the shelves and basically when it was done the furniture was rearraged.

It went on for probably 30 secs. Not that long, but when the earth is moving it seems like forever! The power was out for 17 hours, which really sucked because I was flying home the day after for my first visit back and needed to do laundry. Turns in it was a 6.8 with the epicenter only around 100 miles off shore, but it was deep enough it didn't do a lot of damage. A few foundations cracked and one bridge disintigrated, but other than that everything was ok. No lives lost, that god! But, a very scary experience!