Oliver The Aristocat

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oliver was my first seal point himalayan. He was a big cat at 13 pounds. he loved to be combed. I lost him due to declining health on 05-22-2018. He was almost 16 yearsold. I still miss him terrible.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow. He was stunning! I'm so sorry for your loss. No matter how much time we get with them, it's never enough. :hugs:

He'll always be with you. The love and friendship you shared is forever and the bond between you is unbreakable. He will watch over you from the bridge until it's time for you to meet again. Thank you for sharing his photos with us. He was absolutely gorgeous. I have 2 traditional Persians and my Sophie's coat looks a lot like his- only darker.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
he helped me deal with many hard things. He had a calming effect which helped lower my BP. I have a new one and he is special but, Oliver was the best. In the 40 years of living with cats I have never had such a nice cat. My new kitten, Theo is coming along nicely and he has his neat quirks. He makes me laugh. But, I still find it hard to watch videos or look at photos of my baby boy, Oliver.

Thank you.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
His passing is still fresh. Time heals all. The cats that come into our lives after we lost one of our beloveds don't replace the one we lost- and they don't want to. There will always be a part of your heart that belongs to Oliver alone. Theo will find his own place in your heart. Let him help you heal. Grieve when you need to and lean on us when you need to. Many of us have gone through the same loss and we're here for you. RIP Oliver. You will always be loved and never forgotten. :angel: :rbheart:

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No he will never be forgotten. Here he is playing with me at about 5 years old. Seems like only yesterday...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you very much for sharing him with us, and I am so thrilled you were able to open your home to Theo, bless you for that :)

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oliver did not play a lot and sometimes (like in this video) it took a while to get him going. He was an Aristocat! But, you can hear him purring in the video.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was wrong about the age! Oh, my! I just noticed the date on the video...he was born 10-3-2002 so he was 8 or 9 in the video. The bottom photo at the top was taken the fall before I lost him. He always looked good. Beautiful.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He does look good, I can definitely see how you and he meant so much to each other :)

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was wrong about the age! Oh, my! I just noticed the date on the video...he was born 10-3-2002 so he was 8 or 9 in the video. The bottom photo at the top was taken the fall before I lost him. He always looked good. Beautiful.
He was magnificent. He had a long, wonderful life with you. Is that Theo in your avatar? He's also gorgeous!

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yes, I used a photo of Theo for my avatar. He is on the top level of the 5 foot cat tower where Oliver would never go in this photo. Te photo shows his rowdy side, I think. I probably should have used this one:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a handsome boy! Oliver was your soulmate, one that joined with your soul and brought you the love and joy that made life worth living. With his passing I'm sure you thought your own world had ended, because I felt the same way when my Chrissy was killed. It takes a long time to come back to the world of the living, and it is not until you realize that the love you had together will always be with you, will never leave you, that you can begin to live again. Oliver will live on through you now. He is a part of you that will never leave. Love is spiritual, so eternal, not subject to the laws of physical life. He shared you life's journey and although he now follows a new path, it will always parallel your own.
Send him thoughts of joy and love. Let him know that like a mother with many children, you realize that his love was unique and precious, as each child's love is. And that you are sharing that love with another, you are passing his legacy of love and letting it grow in the warmth and sunshine that the joy in living brings. Letting him know that he is helping you to move forward, that he taught you the meaning of love and you are a better person for loving him and having him in your life. That he will always have a secure place in your loving heart, that he will never be forgotten because he is a part of you.
Let that new little one be a distraction for your grief. It is a welcome change from the tears. As your love grows for this little one, Oliver's love will be added onto and find its own place in your world, he will live on through your joy and it will bring him peace.
The journey through grief is a long one, but as time goes by the mountains become hills and there is rainbow and sunshine somewhere through the grey skies. The path becomes more level as time goes by, and Oliver's love will help to guide and comfort you through it all, may you both be blessed and find peace......

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Oliver, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

SUCH a handsome boy he was, and is, and always will be. I will tell you this, that love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. And although you miss his physical presence deeply, his Love is with you still. Love abides.