Oliver Talking

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been many years since I had a Maine Coon, but I still remember some of their language, and can tell you without doubt that I heard the words, "salmon" and "duck," and the phrase, "fresh catnip." I also think that I heard at least one meow that's unsuited for mixed company.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It's been many years since I had a Maine Coon, but I still remember some of their language, and can tell you without doubt that I heard the words, "salmon" and "duck," and the phrase, "fresh catnip." I also think that I heard at least one meow that's unsuited for mixed company.
I'm sure you're fluent in Norwegian Forest Cat by now. Is their language much different? I think Charlie-ish has two words, that's "meow", for "food" and "chirp", meaning "I see birds out the window!"

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure you're fluent in Norwegian Forest Cat by now. Is their language much different? I think Charlie-ish has two words, that's "meow", for "food" and "chirp", meaning "I see birds out the window!"
abyeb abyeb - Are you familiar with Simon's Cat, and his "point to the open mouth" gesticulation for, "I need to be fed immediately?" If so, then you could certainly converse with Bob at length.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mightyboosh mightyboosh What a sweet voice! I love talkative felines.
1CatOverTheLine 1CatOverTheLine That is SO Elvis. He's jumped up on the counter more than a few times when I'm (finally) preparing their (inadequate and late) meals.
And our angel King Nicolas T. Cat weighed in at 22 lbs. in his prime, but had a tiny kittenlike voice. I always attributed it to his having been neutered fairly young.