Oliver is missing :bawling:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
to barrie it. and there's three or for smaller pices that he uses to barrie it when i'm not there. His cage is big enough for now but he's going to get a much bigger one after i get the money.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sooo glad your kitty came back. It's so awful when they're gone, I know I have lost sleep for many hours with past kitties. Sasha wa mauled by a coyote last Spring and has been basically and indoor (some outdoor) boy since then but he is 12 and has been an outside cat his entire life, so the transition was REALLY HARD and took months to achieve. Saba is new to us by 3 weeks now and she is indoor only, even though she was rescued from the wild. She is very happy and never rushes the doors.

friend4life

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The cats I care for are all outside cats, in order to keep the peace between me and my husband (he used to do carpet cleaning for a living, so its understandable). When I first came here and my husband said they had to stay outside I was heartbroken. His family all have cats and many have told me that the cats seem to find a way to keep warm in the winter. I doubted that, but have discovered it is true. My crybaby is a short hair with not a lot of meat on her bones, and so in the beginning, after it had been a cold night, I was frantic because I was afraid she had froze to death. BUT, she and the other cats go underneath my house. They are out of the wind and the rain and considering how warm we keep our house they seem to do okay. My dryer vents also under the house and I do my laundry at night :-).

My mama cat raised her kittens in my mammy in laws unheated, unfinished carshed which is attached to the house, this winter and they are doing fine. My preference is to keep my cats indoors because of various diseases they can contract when outside (like feline Lukemia), but for me that was not an option.

In regard to Kads post. They (my inlaws) told me when I moved here to TN that the toms would run off as it is a typical thing for them to do. I suppose mine know when they have it good, because they never fail to some home at least once a day for dinner ! :-)