Oldest cat ever

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CDubbie

Said living to age 25 was becoming much more common in cats.
My vet says the same thing, especially with indoor cats.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Our oldest lived to 23, but I understand that Siamese are especially longlived. He was an indoor/outdoor cat, too. I don't recall him ever being sick.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ox becomes an adult in less than 2 weeks (he will be 18)!!
I still catch him on the counter looking for a tasty morsel and I caught me playing with a cat toy a couple of days ago.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Here is a link to a link of a 36 year old kitty.

36 year old kitty!
What an unbelievable cat! I can't believe the energy he had for 36y.o.! Wow! My cat when I was younger (who lived out her life with my parents after I moved because she was an indoor/outdoor on their 10 acres and very happy there) lived to be 19 years old. She was a very dignified cat and held her poise until the end, but she was no where near as energetic as this cat in that clip was.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My grandparent's cats lived to be about 19 & 22. I think the 19 year old would have lived longer but after my Grandfather died she kind of lost interest in her life...

My Grandma's secret for having them live so long? A nice spoonful of butter every morning.
She swears that it kept them healthy and made their coats nice and shiny. They were the fattest cats I've ever seen (their stomachs dragged on the ground) but were very healthy otherwise.