Older kitty tries to use the litter box, but pees over the edge into a litter catcher tray in front

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klgrube

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you.  Yeah, I know.  But thankfully, covered litter boxes all they've ever known, so they're okay with it.  I keep imagining my own home one day with a room totally devoted to kitty toys, with a door to a safe (screened in but huge) outside play area and one or more separate areas for cat litter.  I know.  Dream on!  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Thank you.  Yeah, I know.  But thankfully, covered litter boxes all they've ever known, so they're okay with it.  I keep imagining my own home one day with a room totally devoted to kitty toys, with a door to a safe (screened in but huge) outside play area and one or more separate areas for cat litter.  I know.  Dream on!  
We've got six cats--a couple of them are okay with covered boxes, but most of them prefer open ones. 

Your new set up is impressive!  I hope it works out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

klgrube

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, after a few days, I can tell you that my little jury-rigged inner-step is working!  The litter trays outside the box are dry!  Yeah!  It's certainly not a perfect solution, but it does seem to be working.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Well, after a few days, I can tell you that my little jury-rigged inner-step is working!  The litter trays outside the box are dry!  Yeah!  It's certainly not a perfect solution, but it does seem to be working.

That's great.