Older Kitty Losing Voice Due To New Young Kitty

doddsington

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
671FD6E1-ED9B-4591-AE15-0A434931E26E.png
354E470A-CB70-499D-82AB-12A714F1E987.png
Hi our favorite people!!

I recently rescued a 1.5 year old orange male we named Wilson, who was dumped with his kitten food at my friends feral colony *i got him neutered* and all up to date though he LOVES rough housing with my 11 year old tuxedo,Rudy. Rudy, doesnt mind playing with Wilson but Rudy meows SO much during play and sometimes hisses when he gets annoyed and has COMPLETELY lost his poor cute voice!!!! Any advice is so welcomed! I’m getting Wilson a calming collar but I do feel bad not letting his little teenager self blossom lol. Interactive toys while we’re at work is also something I’m getting ASAP to keep his attention more off of Rudy. We try to tire him out while we are home, but any other advice I could use!! Has anyone heard of a cat losing their voice due to too much play???
Thank you!!!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never heard of one losing his voice from too much chat during play. We did have one who lost her voice when she was spayed and had to stay two nights at the vet. They said she talked constantly. They gave her some cherry flavored medicine. I think it just soothed her throat. later, when she could talk again, she would some times make the hoarse sounds and poke the medicine bottle. I think she liked the flavor. She had no lasting damage. Just a little time of resting her voice, which I fear is up to the cat and there is nothing you can do to make them rest their voice. If you put him in a room alone, he'll just call to you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds like he has just overworked his bitty voicebox, but...just to be on the safe side, I might think about taking him in for a check-up. And maybe they will have some of that wonderful cherry medicine for him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doddsington

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry I haven’t updated :O Rudy, the at the time voiceless cat, is back to normal! He soon after this post, became ill to where he didn’t want to move from under a table. So we took him to the doc. They felt his abdomen and he screamed! As his momma for 11 years, half of me felt he’s a big baby‍♀ and hates when vets violate him, but the other half was worried, so he got an X-ray. It came back fine so they gave him antibiotics and hes been fine since! The orange younger cat had calmed down some, but we still have to tire him out so he leaves Rudy alone. He just doesn’t understand social queues for some reason. And when I pull him off rudy, he comes at me like, “oh you want a piece too?” ‍♀♀ My wild child.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 276985 View attachment 276984 Hi our favorite people!!

I recently rescued a 1.5 year old orange male we named Wilson, who was dumped with his kitten food at my friends feral colony *i got him neutered* and all up to date though he LOVES rough housing with my 11 year old tuxedo,Rudy. Rudy, doesnt mind playing with Wilson but Rudy meows SO much during play and sometimes hisses when he gets annoyed and has COMPLETELY lost his poor cute voice!!!! Any advice is so welcomed! I’m getting Wilson a calming collar but I do feel bad not letting his little teenager self blossom lol. Interactive toys while we’re at work is also something I’m getting ASAP to keep his attention more off of Rudy. We try to tire him out while we are home, but any other advice I could use!! Has anyone heard of a cat losing their voice due to too much play???
Thank you!!!
Hes soo cute n gorgeous

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 276985 View attachment 276984 Hi our favorite people!!

Thank you!!!
The black n white kitty is gorgeous too..n i think u mentioned another kitty not pictured..have read all ure posts..but i bet all ure kitties are cute..All cats are gorgeous darlings to me..hope the kitty voice gets better too:):hyper::catlove::petcat: