Old-ish Cat -- Painful Situation (For both the Owner and cat)

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just caught up with your thread.

From the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry about your baby.

You and Nani had a very special connection and I understand, having recently lost one of my own precious babies, how painful this is. You did the most difficult thing in the world, the last thing you'd ever want to do, by making the decision to stop Nani's suffering. You put her before yourself, taking wonderful care of her right to the last second.

I wish it had turned out differently for you and Nani. But you made all the difference in her life by rescuing her 13 years ago. You were both very lucky.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Nani

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm glad you had a couple more months with her. you made that most difficult, but also most loving of decisions. she's happy & healthy once more, over the bridge

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think most of us here have gone through something similar in our lives with a special beloved pet so we understand how you are feeling. Nani had a world of love from you for all those years and you did what you could. The rest is in God's hands. Hugs and special thoughts go out to you to help you find peace and healing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bugga12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thank all of you for all the kind words... It has been a tough day overall. I need to sort of.. reboot my whole brain, without the thought of having her around me... And it's not easy. Every noise, every rustle, in MY mind... it's her...

Anyway.. I have to keep myself together.. right?

Thanks again, for all the warm words.