Old books

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jamasmom

Have you tried the Veterans Hospital?
Good thinking! I found one place connected with Purple Heart and Veterans. I will have mom call them. We need some charity that will pick them up. I found a few sites but it would cost too much to mail them.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the above, they are pretty much worthless and outdated. You might find someone interested in the volumns with maps or something along those lines, but the entire set I would not give you 2 cents for.

Sorry
Best thing to do is trash them a book or two at a time. I know my dad got me and my sister the World Book series and that was in the late 60's early 70's - they were fine for high school - after that they just collected dust. They are worthless - tho I might keep the one with more maps of the world and the cool anatomy one that is "see-thru".

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

What do you do with an old set of encyclopedia? These thing weigh a ton!!
I trashed mine. You can now get the Encyclopedia Brittanica on an SD card for $40. I have one in my pocket computer so anytime I want information, I just pull it out of my pocket. Maybe if you are lucky somebody will give you forty bucks and you can get one of these SD cards.