Okay seriously... Now it's ringworm?!?!?

liddle_spiders

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

So, the whole laundry list of health problems isn't enough. Noooooo. Now she has to have ringworm to freaking boot!!!!!

Sigh. We've had her running around so now the other foster kitten and the rest of the cats in the house have been exposed, too.... Stupid stupid stupid...

What I thought was hair loss on her leg the past three weeks from dried formula spread to her armpit and the back of her neck. I noticed it Wednesday night, but the vets aren't in til morning because of the holiday so we just sort of waited on it. It looked worse tonight, so I dug out the black light I have on hand for accidents, and surprise!! Neon green EVERYWHERE.

We did ringworm treatment at the shelter, but it was always on big kittens and adult, and it was lime-sulfur dip. (Which I hated, since the treatment and duration caused a lot of cats to become mentally ill. I adopted one of the worst ones. 7 years later and he's still not right in the head.) Not quite sure we can do that to 4 week old kitten, or if the dip can even be used safely. In any event, it's going to SUCK since she's still half-blind and half-deaf and isolating her is not an option if we want her to turn out normal, so yay! Just... yay... 

Oh, and did I mention that she's spent the last three weeks basically attached to my neck and chin?... Yeah... Waiting for my breakout next... 

I wanna cry... 

Anyway, she sees the vet tomorrow, but I would LOVE some treatment ideas to run past her since the kitten is so little! They're open to working with us on new things. :) 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liddle_spiders

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oral Itraconizole daily, Malaseb baths twice a week, and topical application of Miconizole Nitrate. 

She has more spots then I thought, or they're spreading that fast. :/  The entire back of her neck, left leg, left upper quadrant of chest, and a spot on her right side. They glowed better when she was wet. I trimmed up her fur only around the spots for easier treatment. The spots are really flaky and uncomfortable looking. She hollered the whole 10 minutes the Maleseb took. :( 

The pattern looks like a hand print - they are right where you would pick up a very small kitten. It's really odd. But, cross your fingers, in 3 weeks she'll be clean!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Foot fungus cream will help too. A small dab of bleach heavily diluted with water if its that bad.

Also constant cleaning in areas where she's been with bleach solution if possible. Keep her isolated too. Poor thing