Okay admit it!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few years ago I had just washed my floors and left the doors open to dry them quicker. the dog was out and had just jumped in the small stream beside our house. I saw him coming all wet and ran to catch him before he got inside just as he and I got to the door I tripped and my pinky finger hit the door frame and I broke it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow some of these make for great visuals! I'm glad everyone can laugh about their injuries now!

Snake_Lady that so sounds like me and my boyfriend! And I always end up getting hurt... a lot... lol

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My left front toe has been broken twice - once by skipping rope barefooted and the other was when I dropped the bottom drawer of my bureau on it.

Then there was the time I got a huge goose egg on my forehead when I took a turn in my grandparent's hallway too early and ran into the door jamb. I was in a big hurry to buy candy from the bread man. (Rural area and a guy drove a delivery van with bakery items and had a HUGE penny candy selection.
)

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

My foot slipped off the edge of a driveway and I broke it
and no I wasn't drunk- I would admit it if I was cause that would make it sound a little less stupid!
I do not drink, never have, but did trip and fall in front of a local brewery that was located on a major street. Only the dignity was injured, thankfully.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I was married June 23 2007
Must be the date because how you describe your loving horse play is a lot like how DH and I act together. Of course, you'd think by now my parents would know that we do it out of love but I don't think my mom gets that. She always thinks we're really bickering.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

I just burnt my cheek on molten cheese because I bit into my cheese filled hot dog and it exploded on me... lol yeah I feel dumb!
I did that before, except it was my lip and the molten cheese was from a Hot Pocket. My lip was numb for several days!

Last week I was walking through the kitchen and trying to hold a dog toy up so my dog wouldn't grab it, and I somehow managed to slam my elbow into a cabinet. It still hurts if my elbow presses against anything.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Must be the date because how you describe your loving horse play is a lot like how DH and I act together. Of course, you'd think by now my parents would know that we do it out of love but I don't think my mom gets that. She always thinks we're really bickering.
LOL...we're lucky, his parents are just like us.... same with his brothers. Family dinners, are a game of see who opens the door for an insult first LMAO.
But yah, we rough house alot....

The great aunt was the only one to take it the wrong way.... but I imagine if you're walking behind us on the sidewalk and overhear us, you'd think we didn't like each other (especially when you couldn't see the smile on our faces) LOL.

I always end up getting hurt, and usually its when I'm trying to get him
You would think i'd learn...but nooooooooooooo.

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
About 10 years ago, I was living alone for the first time... and by mistake I left a hob in the kitchen on... all night...

(we don't use gas in SA, so it was an understandable mistake!)

The next morning I woke up, got ready for work, and was about to leave....

when I heard a strange noise from the kitchen, went in , saw the hob burning red..... and without thinking put my hand on it to feel the temperature!!!

Got second degree burns without realizing it! Still drove to work, with a pack of frozen peas in my hand!

The most stupid thing I have EVER done!

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine happened this year, end of January in fact....the night before my London weekend

I have a shelf in my bedroom which is at a low height so I can reach the items stored on it (I'm what you call a half-pint!
) and right next to that shelf is my wardrobe which is built into the wall...I was looking through there to get some clothes for the weekend, and when I emerged from it I turned around too fast, catching the top of my head on the corner of the lower shelf :doh:

Best part was that my head started to bleed! I remember running downstairs to my mum, and saying to her in a child like voice "Mum I'm bleeding!"

I spent the whole weekend in London with a sore head, plus a lovely bruise to suit.