Ok, vote for who's going to win American Idol if your still watching!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I hope Taylor doesn't disappear like the past male American Idols. Carrie Underwood looked and sounded great last night.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought the show last night was amazing, I was afraid it was going to be boring and drawn out, but it was great! I loved the Golden Idol awards and al lthe guest stars.... but what the heck was up wit hToni Braxton?!!? I know she has a fairly deep voice as it is, but you couldn't hear her, understand her, and I don't think she even knew the words to the song! Plus she was practically grinding on Taylor
Dionne Warwick was great, as was Mary J Blige, that bit with Clay and the look-a-like guy was hilarious!
I'm so glad that Taylor won!! Soul Patrol! not my pick, but I'd rather him than Katharine

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I loved the show.

Burt Bacharach's music was the sound track to an important part of my life...plus for an older dude, he is still gorgeous.

Meat Loaf was scary. It looked like Kat wanted to run off of the stage...

Prince's appearance reminded me how powerful AI has become.
He will sell his music to a new generation.

This is not the end of The Broke Note Cowboys.
Good for them.

Clay Akin was a shock to me.
His makeover was so complete I did not recognize him.
He looked like a Vegas show clone.
Handsome but not real.
Only his beautiful voice remains.

For me...both Taylor and Kat are winners.
Chris will not be forgotten.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe Taylor won.. that's just so disappointing to me.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I about died when Prince came out!
Same here. And forget Chris...Prince was and still is one of the hottest performers around.

I'm glad that Taylor won. As I've said, I never understood why everyone thought Kat was so good. And she never seemed confident, either. On Tuedsday, she still looked lost while Taylor acted as if he had already won.

I enjoyed Taylor's finale. With the "woos", "Soul Patrol" and dancing toned down he's actually quite good. I hope he does well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some one told me that Kat has already been offered a recording contract......she'll be fine! GO TAYLOR GO!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Some one told me that Kat has already been offered a recording contract......she'll be fine! GO TAYLOR GO!!!
Good for her!

Does anyone know the name of the song that Clay sang last night?

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I about died when Prince came out! Carrie Underwood impressed me, Eliot gave me chills, Paris was delightful as usual, Mandisa sounded great, Pickler and Puck was hilarious (she could be the next Lucile Ball, imho..she has great comedic timing, but doesn't know it
)..and Chris Daughtry looked happy, and sounded fantastic in his performance.

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I loved the Golden Idol awards and al lthe guest stars.... but what the heck was up with Toni Braxton?!!? I know she has a fairly deep voice as it is, but you couldn't hear her

that bit with Clay and the look-a-like guy was hilarious!
too!

Everyone already said what I was going to say about the show - I thought it was great! They really packed a lot into 2 hours.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay Taylor!!! I was soooo happy for him!
I thought Katherine did wonderful too and was so gracious to Taylor. The show was great although I'm not a Clay Aiken or Prince fan, my mom just loves Prince! I'm sad to see it ending now.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
After reading all of this, I'm sorry I missed it. The past few years have been pretty pointless leading up to the actual decision. I'm glad they switched it up and actually made a production of it instead of 2 hours of sheer torture for the finalists.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

After reading all of this, I'm sorry I missed it. The past few years have been pretty pointless leading up to the actual decision. I'm glad they switched it up and actually made a production of it instead of 2 hours of sheer torture for the finalists.
Heidi, I taped it on my VCR if you want to watch it!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I agree here....

I did not watch it because of that fact

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved the show. I am proud of Taylor.....second American Idol winner from Birmingham, Alabama (sorry about the spelling). They're two for five of the seasons, both winners being male (and the only male winners at that)!!!!!!!!!
Just an observation.

Anyone going to watch Canadian Idol????? It starts on Monday???