ok to split brothers ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gallowf

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well "Golly" arrived home today...

WOW ! - he is so cute at home.. so much for for spending the first few days on his own settling in... all he does is follow me EVERYWHERE - he's like my shadow
... he's even been sitting on my lap watching the TV today - and he just does not stop PURRRRING !

here's a few pics as promised.. BUT - I picked him up at midday and it;s now nearly 9pm and still he's not been for a poop or a wee
.. How long would people expect a newly homed cat to settle down that way ? - he's been eating and drinking fine today

cheers for any answers on the above... now the pics !

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It does take some time. He is so grateful for your rescuing him, so many people do not want the older cats. You took him out of a cramped cage and opened up his world, so he is still in a bit of shock over it all. You can help him adjust by putting him on a schedule, a feeding schedule, a litter pan cleaning maintaining schedule. Stick to it so he could set his watch by your movements and he will settle in quicker. If he hasn't used the litter pan in 24 hours, you should call the vet and get him to be checked. I would be inclined not to use the shelter vet, but find another one in your area that you can go to (just because of this advanced age). He is a beauty-