OK to let cat eat toad?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bosses german shephard started foaming at the mouth and seizuring regularly for a month. They couldn't figure out what was wrong. They finally caught him carrying around toads in his mouth. I'd definitely stay away from them!

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fatkitties

If memory serves, Bufo Toads are not a native speices, are they? I'm thinking they were brought in to control something else and they got out of hand....or was that Cane Toads? Grr now I'm confused! Anyhow, if they are a non-native species I see no harm is getting rid of them. Especially since they are poisonous.
They were brought in to control some sort of infestation in the sugar cane fields, and have rapidly taken over. We have other similar problem species- muscovey ducks and melaleuca trees being the worst of the intentional imports. There are many other accidently introduced opportunistic species wreaking havoc on our natives here as well- the climate is just too hospitable!

tutycat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont recommend this kind of food (toads) for cats at all. They are sensitive and not like dogs that can eat everything in the street!