Ok so who eats Spam??

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

I had never had it untill a few months ago. DH grew up with it and had it alot when he lived in Hawaii. I liked it, I did find it to be a bit on the salty side. I did see that they make a low sodium variety so I will have to try that.

We just fried it up in a pan and had it with eggs for breakfast. DH says its good on the grill too. He also said he remembers in Hawaii that they would use it on pizza instead of Canadian Bacon. I plan on making it soon. A "true" Hawaii pizza, Spam, pineapple, red onion and jalapenos, I think it will be pretty good.
OK, I just have to say that there is no way Spam could be a replacement for Canadian Bacon!

goonie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
never had it and never will. i can't eat hot dogs, bologna, chipped beef, sausage and hamburgers either. anything that's been chopped up and put back together i don't eat. if i want hamburger i'll pick out a steak and have the butcher put it through the grinder for me.
i eat fish a lot, especially salmon

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I thought everyone had at least tried Spam once.
We had it a lot when I was growing up (5 kids and not a lot of money).
DH & I had it for supper just a couple of days ago---sliced, fried, and delicious. It's basically just ham with seasonings.
I also had no idea of all the different dishes you could make with Spam until I read the other posts.