OK-need opinions

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's good work but that if someone scared of the dentist is coming there it might just be too much. I'm not scared of dentists and it freaked me out a little.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OI! That's a bit freakishly scarey... Are we trying to convey that fear or create a calm?

ALSO.. whomever trimmed out the dentist head did a little bit of a rough job.. it seems to me that top of his head is a little... wompy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Trying to expose the fear, work through it and get people to the dentist, somehow I don't think this logo would do that! I shrieked and dropped my mouse!
But then I have high dental anxiety

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is really quite scary!

Is the aim to be scary? I would have thought that as it is for people who are afraid of Dentists, it may be better to have a friendlier picture.

talon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't feat dentist - but I don't have open arms for them either (sorry dentist out there!) But this picture would have me backing out of the website very quickly...

d'elle and beau

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think definitely too creepy. It would make anyone afraid of dentists turn and run and they would not want to look at your website. Might even think it was some kind of mean joke. I suggest you change it to something less scary!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well the graphics are good, and a teenager did them- enough said?

But it does remind me of the horror movie The Dentist.... I believe I want a softer approach to the fear not a reinforcement of it-

Thanks Guys, I just thought I was being squeamish because I fear dentists

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mouth hurts just THINKING about what the logo looked like.. I think perhaps it might be better to show a friendly dentist and a sleeping patient (but then, I personally have a fear of being molested while under sedation at a Dr.s office., so that's not so good for me)

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA - You aren't being squemish, that image is pretty scary!

I learned in a psychology class that I took that the shots they give you in your mouth contain adrenaline....as if you aren't scared enough...they raise your heart rate while they're at it! I asked my dentist as I was about to get a filling and he said that it is true. Guess it makes your mouth numb faster....I dunno just made me think when I learned that.....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't find it as upsetting as others, but perhaps that's because what keeps me from the dentist is not fear. I don't like going to the dentist, but I have been known to be regular and willing about it -- when I had a dentist I liked and respected. My problem is not fear -- though there are more bad experiences than good in my dental past -- but, rather, finding a dentist I can develop a good professional relationship with, and have confidence in.

I will be interested in seeing the site, though. I rather imagine it will have something useful to say to anyone who would rather not be in a dentist's chair, regardless of the reason.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found it to be scary/funny, but I think that people who are afraid would get the wrong impression. Dental work doesn't scare me, but the amount of money they charge is. Once I figured that out I started brushing and flossing my teeth every single day and it's been working.

Hmmmm... I'm trying to think of what would be less scary... I don't think it means there doesn't have to be a dentist in the graphic... maybe just not looking like a Hellraiser character... maybe a smiling patient and a dentist facing each other with a handshake or something to suggest a truce?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You needed the light that they always pull down (I was at dentist last monday!!) I agree that this isn't the most calming of images.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it is scary, sort of.

Originally Posted by turtlecat

OI! That's a bit freakishly scarey... Are we trying to convey that fear or create a calm?

ALSO.. whomever trimmed out the dentist head did a little bit of a rough job.. it seems to me that top of his head is a little... wompy.