Ok, I know I don't often ask for vibes...

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
But I sure use some right now....

As some of you may know, I live in Israel and we have a war going on here for the past 4 days. So far, the town where I live has been considered on the borderline of the rockets range, and none have actually landed here.

Looks like things are escalating today. They just showered Haifa with rockets, at least eight people dead, maybe more. Dozens of injured people. That's all happening 40 minutes away from here. Looks like they're increasing range.

Anyway, 10 minutes ago they called us from kindergarten. They homefront command called them and said there's an alert over that specific area (it's not far from a major power station). Most parents are going over there and getting the kids back home. My two sons are there (aged 2.5 and 4.5) and I'm shaking like a leaf here...

I just want my babies back here now. Not that we have a shelter at home even, but I just want to protect them with my arms, if that makes sense. My father in law is away, with the car.... can't find a neighbor with a car either. I know I'm probably over reacting, talked to hubby on the phone and he said not to worry and leave the kids there... he says the odds are nothing will happen... and he should know (he's an LTC in active service still and is actually up there in the north right now).

He said I'm allowed to be scared though, and he didn't say anything about not asking for moral support, so here goes...

Sorry if this post sounds confused...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Anne it's quite obvious that you won't relax until their home safely with you

Are you still able to keep in contact with the school by telephone to get updates on them?, or can no one that's picking their children up not drop yours off?.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I am glued to both the radio and TV for news. I can't ask anyone to bring them over, no. No one would have two extra safety seats (and I have enough sense to realize this is still the most dangerous thing, car accidents
) Oh well, hubby says it's safe enough, and there's only one hour to go, so I guess I have to keep biting my nails and wait.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Watching that clock will be like watching paint dry i bet
You havent got long to go now.

Can you keep yourself occupied by preparing their dinner or snacks ready for them coming home etc..?

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of vibes headed your way, Anne, that your family remains safe. Not just today though, but until things settle down over there. I have been thinking about you these past few days.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Anne, no wonder you're worried, and I'm certainly sending I've been following today's events there all morning. I hope your father-in-law has gotten home in the meantime, and your boys are safe at home with you.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Anne, for one thing, asking for vibes on here is something I hope everyone will do when they're stressed or worried about something in their lives.............in other words, that's what friends are for.
I know your boys will be safe and sound in your arms before you know it. I hope and pray that the war you guys have going on over there ends quickly..........

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Anne, I hope the boys are home safely in your arms by now.

Continued thoughts, vibes and prayers headed your way

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

*sening you lots of good vibes that nothing happens to you and your family!*

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anne,

I have been thinking of you these past few days and hoped that everything was at least stable where you were . You must be very unsettling not to have your children with you. I'm certain any mother would feel the same . I realize they are probably home by the time I saw this post, but I am going to keep you and your family in my prayers for your continued safety and a quick and peaceful resolution to this war.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

This must be incredibly scary, Anne. You, your boys, and hubby remain in my prayers for your continued safety and security in the midst of this chaos.

I too have been following the news and thinking about you.
Anne

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I'm sending you loads of ood positive vibes. I hope everything turns out OK.

I've seen some of the news and it sounds pretty scary there.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending you many vibes and prayers Anne, when I heard that the war had broken out I thought of you and your family. Keep us posted

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I watch the news and always wonder if all the terrible things over there were happening close to you, I was praying it was not. I know you must be so frightened for your boys. Of course you would want them safe in your arms, and not away at kindergarten. I am sure I can speak for all of us in saying that you have our thoughts, prayers, good vibes, and best wishes. Please keep us informed on how you and yours are doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you everyone! They got home three hours ago, and are now here with us. We even had an afternoon nap. Well, they slept, I was so jumpy, I kept waking up out of dreams lol I would be dreaming and someone in the dream would go, "Was that a siren", and bang I would be awake, heart racing like crazy.

What can I say, I am trying to keep anxiety levels down. I know the odds are in our favor and all, but it's still upsetting. I feel so sorry for the Lebanese moms that go through all of this and worse
they are really having a rough time over there. I know they are in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Another update - hubby just called, he's on the way south from the north. Will pass through the house and move straight down to Gaza... said it doesn't look like he'll be home much in the next few days, maybe weeks, who knows. Sigh, I know it's selfish, but I wish I had him with me here.

Thanks again everyone.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

Another update - hubby just called, he's on the way south from the north. Will pass through the house and move straight down to Gaza... said it doesn't look like he'll be home much in the next few days, maybe weeks, who knows. Sigh, I know it's selfish, but I wish I had him with me here.

Thanks again everyone.
I don't think this is selfish at all, you love him and want no harm to come to him. It's okay to feel that way. We are praying for you here. If you need ANYTHING at all please ask.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dear Anne,

As someone who shares both your love of peace and the concern for a family member in the military, please know that I am keeping you and yours all very, very close right now. I have been absoluely riveted to the television for any snippet of news from your region and what I am getting scares the begeezes out of me. Stay safe, lamb.

Hugs,

Gaye