Ok, I guess this was not very smart but could not help it.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Proof that impulse purchases are usually bad ideas - but you knew that shortly after getting your bird. Oh well, we all make them, seems to be a universal human flaw anymore
I wish you luck in finding a good home for your bird if you truly feel you need to rehome it.

As for cats jumping abilities, it depends on the cat. Some of the leaner more muscular breeds can make some amazing jumps. With moggies it depends more on age and what shape the cat is in. For example, my younger cat can still make some 4-5 foot jumps but my other heavier two can't - especially my eldest. He occasionally can't even make it up on my bed (it's a tall bed), he'll misjudge and bounce off the side.

If you have an athletic acrobatic cat, then worry. If there is anything within 5-8 foot of where the cage hangs that could aid your cat, then again you need to worry. Almost all cats, even if they can't jump very high, can jump fairly far.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Proof that impulse purchases are usually bad ideas - but you knew that shortly after getting your bird. Oh well, we all make them, seems to be a universal human flaw anymore
I wish you luck in finding a good home for your bird if you truly feel you need to rehome it.

As for cats jumping abilities, it depends on the cat. Some of the leaner more muscular breeds can make some amazing jumps. With moggies it depends more on age and what shape the cat is in. For example, my younger cat can still make some 4-5 foot jumps but my other heavier two can't - especially my eldest. He occasionally can't even make it up on my bed (it's a tall bed), he'll misjudge and bounce off the side.

If you have an athletic acrobatic cat, then worry.
I have a tabby who can jump on top of the couch and jump on to the bed but I have no clue if she will make it to 5'8" when she is a full grown cat.

She runs a some chasing ghost mice. How do I know if she is acrobatic?

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Those sure are high jumps. Do Bengals jump that high? She sure got good shots with her camera.

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just rehomed the canary to a friend whom I know will take good care of him. She is very clean about her home and herself. It was a very hard decision to make but I don't want Avalon spending her cat life being interested in the little bird. She needs to be with us and play with us.

We also found out last night that Avalon can jump very high. She is only six months old and already she can jump over four feet in the air.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good news!
And over four feet at 6 months old, she must have really been having fun playing (or really wanted whatever she was after).