OK I am ticked off here!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sent Kumbulu and her kitties a nice christmas package, lots of catnip toys, and treats among other things. I mailed it on November 1st and it only just arrived the other day! Apparently they unpacked the whole kit and kaboodle, confiscated all the catnip goodies as illegal "plant material" and then burned the box it came in! They kept all the goodies that had catnip in them, and sent the other stuff to her in another box and opened up my card that had a check in it! And they sent her the new box with an explanation of why it was so late!

Good grief you would think I sent her a kilo of pot!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But it wasn't like you were sending it overseas? What level of alert in America in right now? Hissy - Cat terrorist!

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Catnip is now contriband, eh? GEEZ! What a hassle! Ya know, these companies need to get their priorities straight.

chixyb

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Holy cow that is unbelievable! I think you should definately file a complaint (or 5). That is so idiotic, I can't believe it! And what the heck is burning a box going to do? Oh crap, does catnip have Anthrax in it? LOL that is horrible, I can't believe some of the things they do now!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Lol MA Can I send you my Adress !!!!!!!

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I agree with Adymarie, The cats are going to Take the World!...

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I sent Kumbulu and her kitties a nice christmas package, lots of catnip toys, and treats among other things. I mailed it on November 1st and it only just arrived the other day! Apparently they unpacked the whole kit and kaboodle, confiscated all the catnip goodies as illegal "plant material" and then burned the box it came in! They kept all the goodies that had catnip in them, and sent the other stuff to her in another box and opened up my card that had a check in it! And they sent her the new box with an explanation of why it was so late!

Since when was catnip illegal in Australia? What nonsense.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG!! !!! !!!!!! I hope they start hitting the trucks that take that illegal plant substance to the petstores... WALMART will be in for it BIG because of the fact that they sell it on the shelves!!

I would be fuming too.... I would write a nasty letter(probably not send it). WHY BURN THE BOX?? my eyes are almost rolling out of my head right now!!!!

Good thing I hand delieverd my homegrown catnip to Heidi myself. Who knows what trouble I'd be in if I hadn't.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by allissa

Have any of you traveled to another country?
You are not supposed to bring any food with you.
Plant material apparently is illegal to send into another country as well. When you send or get a package from another country, it goes through customs.
It's not surprising really they did it, they do things like that all the time.
So then, for the petstores that sell catnip in other countries, is it raised in that country, or sent overseas??? I understand that you aren't supposed to send plants, and foods for parisite reasons or what ever... but toys????? LOTS of cat stuff is treated with catnip. Are there no walmarts in Australia? Are there no walmarts in other countries besides the USA? What about other shipmets that people have sent overseas WITH catnip, and catnip toys and never had any problems??? I just don't get what is up all of a sudden.

zoiesmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thats so sad and annoying!! i mean wat the heck!! mabee the customs people thought it waz pot...ha ha...wat good does burning the box do anywayz...does anyone know?
oh well happy holidays! sorry by the way.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds familiar! I live in Germany, and my family is in the U.S.. I've experienced so many problems with customs that I order presents from "global players" that have depots all over the world. I avoid the post office whenever possible!

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I never said it was a smart thing to do, but I am not surprised at all they did it. THis is just what they do. I have received several packages from another country and every time it sits in customs and then they always snoop in it and open all the boxes. All the complaigning in the world is not going to do you any good. And if you send something into another country, they will do the same thing to you.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I never said it was a smart thing to do, but I am not surprised at all they did it. THis is just what they do. I have received several packages from another country and every time it sits in customs and then they always snoop in it and open all the boxes. All the complaigning in the world is not going to do you any good. And if you send something into another country, they will do the same thing to you.
howcome you keep pointing your answers to me, I am able to vent like anyone else aren't I? Which is what this thread is about. Letting all of us express disgust in what happened. It's America, we have the freedom of speech.
I understand WHY they do it, I think it is stupid. That's My OPINION... Somtimes venting (complaining) with OTHERS makes one feel better. Because we don't agree with what they do doesn't mean we don't understand. While you did quote what I said, you didn't answer any of my questions...
I will repost them for ya

The only reason I quoted your post was because you quoted mine first

So then, for the petstores that sell catnip in other countries, is it raised in that country, or sent overseas??? I understand that you aren't supposed to send plants, and foods for parisite reasons or what ever... but toys????? LOTS of cat stuff is treated with catnip. Are there no walmarts in Australia? Are there no walmarts in other countries besides the USA? What about other shipmets that people have sent overseas WITH catnip, and catnip toys and never had any problems??? I just don't get what is up all of a sudden

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

That sounds familiar! I live in Germany, and my family is in the U.S.. I've experienced so many problems with customs that I order presents from "global players" that have depots all over the world. I avoid the post office whenever possible!
That's a great way around it. If I ever wanna order anything overseas I will keep that in mind.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a girl i know who lives in canada ordered an expensive perfume from the US last year and it was confiscated.. And that was only perfume... I would have been so mad..

l.trant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is really rotten, I can't believe they did that. It is amazing people can ship all kinds of things in the mail, and they don't get caught, you ship catnip and they destory and confiscate the stuff. Makes you wonder who is checking the packages at the post office. I mean people ship all kinds of stuff, (some people ship things they shouldn't and they make it to there destination). Must have been a slow day at the post office. Also has to make you wonder if you ship something real good if they just take it anyway. Like when you never receive a package or you get a notice that the package lable came off the package being sent to you and is now lost. I had that happen to me. Never got the package, come to find out according to the Post Office all the lost packages go to some warehouse and they just open and auction them off at different times of the year. Sure I believe that, I am sure someone saw my set of Encyclopedias being shipped and thought I like those, and just ripped the label off the box and sent me the letter stating they were lost. Sorry for ranting on so long just boils my skin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have sent her catnip toys before with no problem. Heck I sent her a one pound bag of catnip before and it arrived with no problem!

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have sent her catnip toys before with no problem. Heck I sent her a one pound bag of catnip before and it arrived with no problem!
'Tis the season I guess...