OK, how bad is it?

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Aries

Thank you all for the support and kind words.

I am definitely not a designer and isn't like some of the beautiful professionally ones on here, but it will work until I figure out how to do some of the fancier stuff.

I'd love to know how they get just the kitty onto a different background.
Oh well, that is a project for another day.
I can tell you! What program do you use? I myself have a free program, so it isn't that great but it's got basic features. The tool you use to cut the kitty out so it's seperate from the picture is the lasso tool. It looks like a lasso heh. Basically all image editing programs have it. Then when it's seperate be sure not to click anywhere else, except right-click what you just cut out to copy/paste it where-ever.

I hope that helps!!
Good job so far! Snow is a beautiful cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aries

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3

Snow is a beautiful cat
Snow says, "Thankeow" He is such a funny cat.

Check out this pic of him.

I love the pic of Sweetie in your sig. What a look!

Will check out MS Publisher for that feature as soon as I get the opportunity. That is what I am using. Thanks for the tip!

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just started doing my own a couple of weeks ago, too. For me, saving in jpeg form helps, because they are smaller files and easier to adhere to the requirements.
For now, I'm doing each cat separately. Not sure if I'm brave enough to cram them all into one and make a huge mishmash of it yet!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Snow says, "Thankeow" He is such a funny cat.

Check out this pic of him.

I love the pic of Sweetie in your sig. What a look!

Will check out MS Publisher for that feature as soon as I get the opportunity. That is what I am using. Thanks for the tip!
Awwwww! Look at his eyes!!

Hi Snow!!

....I'm not sure if MS Publisher will have that feature. But if you ever want me to make you a siggy, if you are looking for a different style, I will - I've been a bit bored lately

Or if you want an actual image editing program that's free I could tell you about one.

Anyways great job on your signature, especially since you made it with MS Publisher, which I'm pretty sure isn't even an image editing program right?
Whoa awesome job at bending the rules, I never thought you could make a sig with that program!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aries

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sweetiecat3

....I'm not sure if MS Publisher will have that feature. But if you ever want me to make you a siggy, if you are looking for a different style, I will - I've been a bit bored lately

Or if you want an actual image editing program that's free I could tell you about one.

Anyways great job on your signature, especially since you made it with MS Publisher, which I'm pretty sure isn't even an image editing program right?
Whoa awesome job at bending the rules, I never thought you could make a sig with that program!!
Thanks for the info. I love Publisher and use it a lot, but I haven't found the feature that I was looking for on it. Rats! It is very versatile. I use it for all kinds of things: brochures, programs, newsletters, flyers, labels, posters, etc. Leave it to me to warp something!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks for the info. I love Publisher and use it a lot, but I haven't found the feature that I was looking for on it. Rats! It is very versatile. I use it for all kinds of things: brochures, programs, newsletters, flyers, labels, posters, etc. Leave it to me to warp something!
Yeah, I'm sure Publisher wouldn't have that feature since... well it's not meant for that kind of thing! But of course you used it for that anyways!