OK, fill me in......what's a DH?

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

I'm crackin' up!! I always thought it meant.....Dumb Husband!!!!
....Very Funnie, Monique, very funnie!..
that´s hurts!..

Originally Posted by butzie

I love baseball, too, and every time I type DH my mind says, "Designated Hubby."
this a really good one!...
cool Rosemary!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BuzbyJLC10

So do you have a 40-man roster of hubbies?
or even a 9-man starting line-up (plus a pitcher, since you're apparently an AL team)?
More than one Designated Hubby? My goodness! Do you know how many years it took to get DH out of the minors and into the majors? Then there were all those years of spring training! Hey, it is World Series time with DH. Who needs a rookie?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends on my mood
Usually it means "darling husband", but sometimes it means "dumb
husband" when he's being particurally annoying

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
dirty hairball?? lol for me it would me DB or EB whichever mood i'm in (darling boyfriend or evil boyfriend heh)

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first time I saw DH was on a wedding forum...and I kept wondering how everyone could have fiances with the same initials! It took me weeks to get the courage to actual post the question of what it meant. The scarey thing is, those are the initials of my very first boyfriend so I REALLY confused.

Just a suggestion, but maybe there should be a sticky somewhere with explainations about what certain appreviations mean?

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mz Kitty

I've seen "DH" used in many threads on this forum, and haven't been able to figure it out. I'm almost positive it's not "designated hitter"
"Designated Hitter." Don't you follow baseball?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mz kitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

More than one Designated Hubby? My goodness! Do you know how many years it took to get DH out of the minors and into the majors? Then there were all those years of spring training! Hey, it is World Series time with DH. Who needs a rookie?
Very funny

I loved all your clever replies to my original post! And I'm happy to learn I wasn't the only one who didn't understand the DH.

I'm liking this forum, a lot.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to wonder that. My ex stopped being a DH a few years ago. Now he is an EH which also sums up how I feel about him.