Ok, Computer gurus: Avatar contest

williewz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the offer, Jenn, but I had it a smidge smaller than 50 x 50, but not that small! I think I need to investigate my photo program a bit more and try to track down the source of shrink.

shirrell

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cannot help but notice some of them are identical or perhaps copies of someone else's work. Can these be used? I am just asking for your protection as there was a BIG DEAL made over this a short time back on another forum I belong to (not a cat one). But the original makers of these was taking legal action because they said their work was being "lifted" if you get my meaning.

lhezzza

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shirrell:

Many of the animations I used were from photos on the cat site (avatars we can currently use).

These photos we are allowed to use (since they are already here).

All the other photos I used were from "freebie animation" sites.

I have received authorization from the cat owners of the "personal cat photos".

I'm sure Anne will weed out any images that may "cause problems"

Hope this helps!

Lizza~

lhezzza

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by okeefecl
Well, I shouldn't be asking, since I'm computer illiterate in a lot of ways, but I know there are a few hockey fans here. So how about hockey avatars (I'm a big Washington Cap's fan, by the way)?

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally posted by Lhezzza

I'm sure Anne will weed out any images that may "cause problems"
Thanks for the vote of confidence there Lizza

Still, I'd hate to miss and I'm not sure I'm up to date on all the latest kitty creations... :paranoid3

To make things easier, I would appreciate it if everyone can just go through the avatars they submitted here and leave only the ones that you created yourself, ok? I know there are free for use avatars, but for the sake of this competition, let's stick to avatars made by members.

Thanks for your cooperation and for the wonderful contributions made here!

lhezzza

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenn:

That is Hissy's kitten Massey - Here is the original photo

Hissy - I hope you don't mind, I'm showing off your beautiful kitten!!!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't mind at all, I do want my spinning twins as my avatar, but alas, I am computer confused on how to do this...
Oh and Massey now rules the roost elsewhere, he is loved, pampered and spoiled by some people in town Elise and Carl- they totally love this cat!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by hissy
Don't mind at all, I do want my spinning twins as my avatar, but alas, I am computer confused on how to do this...
Hissy, here is what you do:

Right click on the pic you want to save (spinning twins). Choose Save Picture As. On the popup box that opens, choose the location you want the picture saved to (ie:desktop), and then name the picture under File Name or keep the current name.

Go to TCS User CP, click on Edit Options and scroll down to your avatar. Click on change avatar. Scroll down to You Can Upload An Avatar From Your Computer.
Click on Browse, then locate the pic on your computer (ie: desktop). Double click the file title and click open.

Then click Submit modifications and your done.

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, Massey reminds me so much of when Spike was a kitten.. The only real differences I can see are the little spots on Massey's nose, and Spike's eyes are yellow-gold, not blue.
What a little sweetie Massey is!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They will be Meowhoo Mousepads, not TCS-those aren't ready yet. Lhezzza I need you to email me your address please!

CONGRATS to our winners! Lizza, Adrienne, and Tasha mousepads are on their way to you all.