OK, camera experts

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need some help. I took this video with a GE A730 camera, which does a pretty good job, considering. Seven MP.

Fast T Bucket Ride

The question I have is about the bright red vertical streaks wherever there is a bright reflection, especially off the backs of my headlights. What causes this, and is there an easy solution? Would a better quality camera (HD video) solve it? I've been looking at some pretty decent compact cameras, but I want to get one that won't have this problem.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I am not a camera expert, but where did you position the camera? Is it in the shade? I'd try moving the placement elsewhere.

I like the feel of the video.. the red tints- it gives that old-fashioned feel that goes with the car

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
My first thought is that it isn't the camera. I think your windshield is acting as a prism for the light reflecting off the headlamps. Try setting your camera at a different angle rather than straight ahead and see what happens. Or maybe keep it pointing straight ahead but off-center so that the curve of the windshield is viewed differently.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It does it when I'm not shooting through the windshield, too. However, it does NOT do it when I take a still photo.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a lot of the cameras with video mode will do this in bright sun light. We use one attached to the car when we race and it will usually have an odd color to it and the lines on the screen.
More MP does not always mean better camera. There are a lot of other factors! The MP is just the size of the photo. My DSLR is only 8 MP, and my point and shoot is 10 MP... but we know which one takes the best pics! And which one will end up on the side of the car lol!
A quality lens will make a lot of difference as well as one that may have multiple options including one for shooting in bright sun.