Oh thank god there gone

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not read your previous threads so I am not sure about your background.

I know at your age I didn't quite realize how fantastic my parents were and how lucky I was either. I lived quite a pampered privileged life and my father made sure none of his kids wanted for anything. He had grown up in the country with an outhouse. His family were good hard working people but poor and uneducated. They wanted something better for their children and pushed my father to be the success he is today. He worked from the age of 7 on the little farm he grew up on. He worked crappy jobs to pay his way through college.
My childhood was the polar opposite of his. Everyone I knew personally was like me. I went to expensive schools and a prestigious University. I had an apartment in Manhattan that they paid for when I was in school.
But they had the smarts to always make us work from the age of 16. My parents wanted us to understand a good work ethic and to be exposed to people other than those in our income bracket. I of course complained. All of my friends were off doing fun things while I had to work a part time job. I thought it was so unfair since they had plenty of money.

I didn't really get it until I was 22 and my mother had a nervous breakdown. I thought I had lost her forever. My father loves my mother to pieces and she is the love of his life. He was a broken man during that time. I stepped up to the plate and put off grad school to care for my mother and father. They needed me and nothing else mattered. I cared for my mother while my father went to the office. I ran their household for months and I learned about being responsible. I could have been a brat and told them to hire someone to do it but they had instilled that work ethic in me and it never crossed my mind not do it. My older siblings had families and careers and my younger brother was scared and too young to do anything. I had never seen my father cry before and when he cried it was like gut wrenching sobs that broke my heart. He had always been the unbreakable rock and it scared me to see him so lost. I think back to that time it was a pivotal time in my growth but it was also sad and difficult.

My mother did get better eventually and is now doing well in her own career. She has never been ill again thankfully. However I grew up and never took them for granted again.

I think what people are responding to is that they know with time and maturity you experience how fragile life is. You know that bad things happen to good people. You learn that life is not fair. You learn that though somethings aren't perfect you are lucky to have them. You learn that you can never recapture a moment or tell someone you love them after it is too late. You have taken body blows and tasted bitter disappointment. Your heart has been broken sometimes more than once. The world looks and feels different when you get older. We can look at your life(what we know of it)from experience and try to help you. Maybe it is a little hard to hear but it does need to be said. Your words about your parents were unkind and immature.
Not many people have parents who go the extra mile like yours do and mine do. But you should thank God everyday for them. I know I do.

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I know how you feel, only it's the inlaws
We live in the same town, so you could imagine how often we get to see eachother
Well my ex inlaws are a whole different matter. I am relieved they are gone even before they arrive. One hour and I was contemplating committing a heinous crime against them.

Lucky for me when I got rid of their son I got rid of them too. I got a twofer.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CC12

Well my ex inlaws are a whole different matter. I am relieved they are gone even before they arrive. One hour and I was contemplating committing a heinous crime against them.

Lucky for me when I got rid of their son I got rid of them too. I got a twofer.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Actually, I can't help but think that none of what this poster posts is true, or it is greatly embellished. Maybe I'm just too cynical, but I've encountered more than my share of "fakes" who post off the wall things and create entire different lives for themselves in either an attempt to gain sympathy or to troll and press people's buttons and get them riled up. I can't help but think that this is one of those situations. I could be wrong, but my gut says otherwise.
I'm beginning to think the same thing myself. After I had that relationship with the mentally ill abusive ex b/f, who just about drove me over the edge, I joined an online support group which dealt with mentally ill people and the people that they affected, and I learned quite a bit. One of the things I learned was recognizing peeps who like to "stir things up". I'm beginning to think that this is one of those situations. I could be wrong too, but as you say, Linda, my gut says otherwise.

I wasn't dealt such great cards in life and I had to do what I could with the hand that I was dealt. Ironically enough I wouldn't change a single thing in my life, no matter how bad it was at times. The reason being is because my experiences have made me the person that I am today and I think I turned out pretty well. I know I have a strong character and can pick myself up when things get rough. And I think that's a good thing.
I hear you there, too.
I know there are other who have had it a whole heck of a lot worse off than I did, but I suffered my fair share of hard knocks. And even though there were times I didn't think I'd get through some of those horrific times, I also don't think I'd change anything, b/c it taught me a lot, and made me appreciate what I DO have in life.

One day I'll write a biography of my life. There is so much more to tell, and I'd like to think that my life experiences and the things I've learned along the way may be an inspiration to others who may have gone through or are going through similar situations in life.
If you ever do, I'd buy a copy of the book - autographed, of course.

I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt, Algebrapro, but I don't regret anything I said. Some day your parents will be gone, and you'll be sorry that you ever spoke of them in such a way. None of us here had any intention of trying to hurt you, but I don't know what it is that you expected to happen when you disrespected your parents in such a way, when there's no reason to. You say you love & respect them, but if you did, you wouldn't speak of them in such a way - especially after all they've done for you..

I haven't gotten to your PM yet, but I will.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by algebrapro18

You know its funny. You all think your so mature but yet you spend what little free time you have a way from your families and jobs on here coming up with ways to attack someone who has never said or done anything to you and who has never done anything about it. I've sat back and let you guys say what ever you wanted against me and the woman who, despite what many of you think, I love. Well these last two posts have pushed me over the edge. Check your inbox ladies you both have PM's from me. What I have to say shouldn't be said here.
That's kinda like the pot calling the kettle black, wouldn't you agree? What are you doing here??

FYI, MY family is 1200 miles away - so I can't spend as much time with them as I'd like to. But believe-you-me, when they were here visiting about two months ago, I spent every single moment with them that I could. I'm sure that there are also other peeps here too, who don't have their families close by...

I rarely ever "go off" on anyone on a message board. But when I come across a thread such as this, I have a hard time restraining myself from speaking up, b/c it really irks me to see of someone who disrespects their parents so. I have no tolerance for it..