Oh oh the MOST embarrassing thing!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But soooo funny now it's time for hindsight!!

Today we were practicing recall off lead with Ruby and Chester. We took them to a nearby park that has high fences all around it so there's no chance of them escaping and going on the road.

When we pulled up, there were heaps of cars there, and I said to Max, `Oh, it must be a Weight Watchers night - they have them at the Community Centre here on Mondays'. And we thought no more of it.

Later on, after many beautiful recalls, Ruby got bored and decided to trot off on her own. She is just a puppy but she is 30kg (about 70lb). We immediately started after because although a chase is a game, she was heading towards the Centre and we smelled disaster!!

Sure enough, just as Max caught up we realised the Centre had a sliding door
and it opened to admit Ruby, and then closed on Max!! We saw (as if in slow motion) Ruby notice something, and then TAKE OFF at 100mph (as she does). We thought `OH NO!!! PEOPLE!!!' (Ruby is a jumper-upper. Getting MUCH better but she's just a baby and she hasn't quite got it all the time yet).

Anyway Max couldn't follow her in because Chester was milling around him and he would have just charged in there, too. Max had to wait for me but I was running from a lot further away than he was. By the time he finally got inside to Ruby she'd been in there at least a minute!!

She had barged into the Weight Watchers meeting and started happily jumping on and licking the faces of all the ladies!!!! There was almost uproar!!!!

We were MORTIFIED but they all laughed about it. As did we.....hours later

Looks like MUCH more practice for Miss Ruby!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kumbulu

Oh Sarah LOL. I'll wait for the story in the West "Savage dog licks weight watchers to death!"
I know! I can just picture it

I'll have to send a note to that group to apologise, I mean, bit of a shocker sitting down to your weekly weigh-in and having a 30kg puppy charge in and bowl you over!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Well I guess that's one way for the WW group to shed a few pounds!