Oh noes Diarrheas

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Little over a week ago both my indoor cats started having loose bm, they normally eat royal canin gastrointenstinal fiber response...I notice with the new bag it had a different picture and my boy cat was immediatly having just a little off bms.. I even wrote the company and they said no formula change...

They ate half the bag and then both are now having diarrheas, I found a hole in the bag probably from the factory..I changed the bag to a new one and tossed the old one...

They are both on proviable probiodics but a week later im still having problems...Is it highly likely it was contaminated cat food since both have the runs at the exact same time, its weird....

Im a call the vet and see if i can get a bag of hills w'd, last time Allie had the runs for a month and nothing would stop it...W/d stopped it with no transition time, and I weened her back on her regular royal canin once it stopped...

Any insights? Diarrhea is not pleasant, she pooped on my bed yesterday, luckily i have waterproof liners on all beds

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Im a call the vet and see if i can get a bag of hills w'd, last time Allie had the runs for a month and nothing would stop it...W/d stopped it with no transition time, and I weened her back on her regular royal canin once it stopped...
If it worked before, it sounds reasonable to try it again. Or you could mix some of the new bag you bought with the Hills W/D if you are hesitant about no transition time for your other cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
National pet food shortage......I had to order online, even then almost everywhere sold out

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The company may have changed suppliers for an ingredient(s) (due to shortages, shipping, etc) and that slight change could possibly upset a cat's tummy.