Oh No.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
katl8e:
Quoting my son at his grandad's funeral...."Grandad never wore rouge!"
I am so glad you understand my feelings on viewings .....

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Viewings are tough. When Mike's older brother passed away a few years ago they had a viewing. I went to support Mike, but when I looked in, it looked like Mike laying there, he and Del look a lot alike. I had trouble sleeping after that.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
People always say, "Doesn't he/she look natural?" HOW natural can you look, laying dead in a box?

yola

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kim - I'm so sorry for you and you family that this awful thing has happened - and sorry the message is late, I've only just got to this thread.

I have to agree with the viewing thing. I visited my father's body at the funeral parlour, and wish wholeheartedly now I hadn't as although I realized it was just a shell I was seeing, it wasn't the shell as I remember it. He looked so small and lonely.

I wasn't forced to go, but felt I needed to say goodbye one final time - we were very close.

Kim, what I'm trying to say is I'm sure Lisa will understand if you don't go, as we all have different ways of dealing with loss and it is not a sign of disrespect to her or Dan if you stay away.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kim - I am so sorry to hear that! I will keep his family in my prayers!