OH NO!! I have to get an E-Test!!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natalie, I am sending good vibes for your car and you, maybe go to another place for the test...Is there maybe someone at work that knows somewhere for you to take it...like maybe they KNOW someone!!!!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You said before it failed and then you took it to another test center and it passed. So why not do it again this time? It does sound like a huge scam. Hope you can get it to pass without the money spent.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

You said before it failed and then you took it to another test center and it passed. So why not do it again this time? It does sound like a huge scam. Hope you can get it to pass without the money spent.
Thats what I am going to do...I am also going to take it onto the highway and haul on it for like half an hour...to get the carbon build up cleaned out a bit..I guess they say that helps...I hope it works.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Natalie, I am sending good vibes for your car and you, maybe go to another place for the test...Is there maybe someone at work that knows somewhere for you to take it...like maybe they KNOW someone!!!!
I know that when I lived in Colorado I had a horror story with a used blazer I had bought. Once the vehicle fails in the system it's out there and you can't go to another station to try to make it pass. Your failed emissions test is in the system. I tried that!

My story was awful. i bought a 1978 K-5 blazer and had 6 years of passed emissions tests on it with licensed stations that the owner passed on to me. When I went to get my new plates and emissions on the vehicle it failed big time because it really didn't have a catalytic converter. I went through 1 year of paper plates with the state fighting this.

The state said they would help me make it right and what happened was I wound up paying 800.00 getting the whole exhaust system redone in the vehicle. I could have taken the person who sold the vehicle to court to win back the money and the State would have backed me. But the guy who sold me the vehicle had all the emissions to prove that Colorado passed the vehicle all those years. The State wound up fining all the emissions places who passed the blazer and just blew me off.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well everyone, I am going again tomorrow to get another E-Test!! Please send major vibes for me, I really really need it to pass or I don't know what I'll do..

Thanks a bunch..I am getting up early just to drive the hell out of it on the highway before..hopefully that works

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IT FAILED AGAIN

So, I have accepted the awful reality that I must spend $450 to get my licence sticker.

I am so broke, and its Christmas AND now this?!?!

Thanks for the vibes guys, my car wasn't even close to passing though..maybe if it was closer, the vibes would have pushed it over the passing edge

So, the next order of business is Wednesday I get a $116 diagnostic test..

:censor::censor::censor::censor:

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh, Natalie, what a bummer! It does sound like a big scam to me from what you guys have said, but I've never had to take one.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats horribile! I'm so sorry that it failed again Natalie.... I'm glad we don't have those around here!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, today I finally had to spend $379 to get my car a conditional 2 year pass so I can buy my licence sticker
I still have to pay $75 for the actual sticker too....:censor::censor::censor::censor:!!!

It needed an O2 sensor and still needs a $300 catalytic converter..but now that I have the pass, I don't have to get the converter..so thats good.

So, its 5 days from Christmas, and I just put almost $400 on my EMPTY credit card
I was so good for years having a 0 balance on it...now I will be getting a second job in the new year to pay it off...

This sucks.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Did you at least get kissed when they
you???
NEEEEEEEEEEET!! Shame on you

And no, I didn't receive any kisses..perhaps I should go back and demand a few..