Oh my gosh I am in shock, need major vibes please-*quite disturbing*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it was probably from a window as she's quite nervous around other people, flippin discustin, Penny was fab on the news today, she spoke live and she said the person who did this is a coward and they will get caught. I will nip and see Penny over the weekend and see how Izzy is doing.x

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my heart breaks all over again for Penny and Izzy, but it is GREAT that word is getting out and Penny was on the news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the ... unmentionable word(s).... that did this to Izzy is caught!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The punishment should be an eye for an eye, using same kind of method which in this case would be shooting it off. I'd volunteer to be the punisher if I wasn't in a different country. I don't feel even the slightest bit of mercy when it comes to things like this.

Poor Izzy, I'm glad she made it and is now home. Vibes for a quick recovery.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NorthernGlow

The punishment should be an eye for an eye, using same kind of method which in this case would be shooting it off. I'd volunteer to be the punisher if I wasn't in a different country. I don't feel even the slightest bit of mercy when it comes to things like this.

Poor Izzy, I'm glad she made it and is now home. Vibes for a quick recovery.
I totally agree, obviously cannot post here what I think should happen but yes, do the crime and get the same back, its horrendous.xx

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope someone comes forward with information on the coward who shot Izzy. Has anyone thought of offering a reward?

jane&meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a horrible thing to happen to the poor cat
So glad she is home now though and word is spreading - hopefully someone will know something and come forward xx

herekittykitty8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How hideous. What really puts the icing on this disgusting cake - is that unless the person had fantastic aim from a window - it's likely they may have shot her standing directly over her (as one of the newspaper articles say).

Either way, window or close range - it's inexcusable. But the thought of someone standing above this small, defenseless creature and doing this makes it even more vile than it already is.

noisette

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:vi bes::vibes :

Wow, that is so terrible it gives me the chills. I hope that If it was a human that did this that they get caught quickly.... Maybe it was a freak accident. Like falling out of the tree and hitting a branch or something.... (I know it's unlikely but the thought of someone being so sick makes me go green)

noisette

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

We've just had a policeman round, the vets have informed them, yes she has definetely been shot, still in surery as far as I know, I will go and see Penny when she gets home from work. I am glad that the police are taking this very seriously, the policeman said the more he goes door to door, the more he is getting angry as he has a cat, it will be in the paper and possibly the local news and he is going to get some posters put up. He said the chances of finding the culprit are slim but he will do his best, one neighbour has told him she heard rifle shots being fired this morning. I am
fuming, totally. x
Most ppl that own guns have a license for it. If the policeman can talk to the neighbor that heard the shot and give the general direction and approximately how close the gun fire was they could pull records to see who in the area owns a gun that fits the ammunition found in Izzy. Each gun when fired leaves a unique mark on the bullet it fires. It should be with in the law for the officer to get a warrant to check guns that are licensed and fit the ammo found in Kitty.... check for blood splatters on houses, or sidewalks if it hasn't rained yet... It may seem silly, but there have been a few cases of animal cruelty in my old neighborhood that were solved that way as well.

so sorry guys.... hope you find them....

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's been a while since this happened, but I feel compelled to post this. Wessie was an indoor/outdoor cat. He stayed close to home, and never left the block that we lived on. One day, the day after his birthday, he went into our next door neighbors yard and was shot. I believe it was from a window. He ran into our other neighbors yard, which caused me to think that he hadn't been shot at all, that I just heard something that sounded like a gunshot. A while later, Wessie was meowing at our door. When we let him in, I discovered that he was bleeding, and there was a gunshot wound to his leg. I believe that it was done with a BB gun. Our neighbor admitted to shooting our cat, and said that if Wessie was ever in his yard again, he would shoot him again, except probably with a little better aim. The went next door, and just talked to him. I was shocked that they didn't do anything more serious... usually when things like that happen they don't leave it at that. I know it wasn't as serious as what happened to Izzy, but it easily could have been. I just wanted to share my story.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catbehaviors

I know it's been a while since this happened, but I feel compelled to post this. Wessie was an indoor/outdoor cat. He stayed close to home, and never left the block that we lived on. One day, the day after his birthday, he went into our next door neighbors yard and was shot. I believe it was from a window. He ran into our other neighbors yard, which caused me to think that he hadn't been shot at all, that I just heard something that sounded like a gunshot. A while later, Wessie was meowing at our door. When we let him in, I discovered that he was bleeding, and there was a gunshot wound to his leg. I believe that it was done with a BB gun. Our neighbor admitted to shooting our cat, and said that if Wessie was ever in his yard again, he would shoot him again, except probably with a little better aim. The went next door, and just talked to him. I was shocked that they didn't do anything more serious... usually when things like that happen they don't leave it at that. I know it wasn't as serious as what happened to Izzy, but it easily could have been. I just wanted to share my story.
It is just shocking what some people can do and it makes me mad, beyond belief. Izzy is doing well and her eye has healed up well although she has like a dent where the eye used to be due to the force of the entry but she looks great and she's back to her old self. The police didn't catch anyone, these cowards always seem to get away with it but because of the press coverage it has made people so much more aware.x

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
catbehaviors Wonder how your neighbor would like being shot with a bb gun. I'm glad Wessie is ok. Is there a way you could get an enclosure in your yard so Wessie can still go outside, but he'll be in your yard only?

Ruthyb Hopefully they do catch the person, before they do it again. Or before they decide to take aim at a child.

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For now we're just going to keep him inside, as I don't trust the neighbor to only shoot him if he goes in his yard. He would probably shoot our cat while he is in our yard, and say that our cat just ran into our yard. That's the kind of guy I think he is.

I'm glad to hear that Izzy is doing so well. There is still hope that the person who shot Izzy will be captured, and justice will be served. Fingers crossed.