Oh my goodness Chicken Casserole

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

I just had to say, I made this yesterday, I used the broccoli & chicken rice a roni flavor, added a little cheese and some of those French's Fried Onions on top of the stuffing and it was so good!! Yum!
I love that idea. I'm making it again tonight!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

That's an idea. We don't have cream of chicken soup here, and I was just trying to figure what would be a good substitute.
So I wasn't loopy after all! I was always looking for it over there! They have a massive variety over here but I wont try it as its fattening!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

So I wasn't loopy after all! I was always looking for it over there! They have a massive variety over here but I wont try it as its fattening!
Here they make a 98% fat free chicken soup...

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We tried this last night and it was REALLY good. I didn't think DH would like it because he is not a fan of cream of soup casseroles...but he had 2 helpings. I seasoned the chicken really well, cut into cubes and cooked it in my skillet (instead of boiling or baking). I didn't use chicken broth and I used Rice Pilaf "Rice A Roni" . Also, I only had Pepperidge Farm Stuffing. The whole dish was wonderful and had plenty of flavor.

Thank for sharing this recipe! It will be a regular around here

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OH……MY….GOSH….Yummers!!!! This dish was delish! The only addition I made was adding those Frenchâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s dried onion ring thingies. Ill be honest when I say I was skeptical. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not a fan of chicken, cream, casserole type things but you guys said you loved it so I gave it a try.

My boyfriend, LOL he had three plates, THREE! We had almost on leftovers (I did cut the recipe in half since its only two of us).

Thanks for the recipe! Itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s going in my “dishes I cook often†cookbook.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I picked up the Rice-a-Roni and stovetop yesterday and making for dinner tonite!!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I made this a few nights ago. Yummy! When we were snowed in the next night, I shared some leftovers with my neighbor. She loved it too!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot to post as I made this monday!!
I used leftover roast turkey-only about half the amount though. Instead of the cream soup I made a white sauce but I didn't make enough so I added about 1/4 mayonnaise also!
Neil really liked it so it will be written into my recipe book!