OH. MY. GOD. Henry really IS a girl!!!

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My co-worker got a new kitten named Ernie, short for Ernest, and referred to the cat as "he". When I went to visit, and called it "he", the rest of the family smiled, and said, well, Ernie is a "she". Co-worker still refers to Ernie as "he", says once they are neutered, what's the difference. The cat doesn't care.

I think he has a point. Little Ernie doesn't seem to mind.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
my sister is like that. she refers to all of the cats as 'she' & all of the dogs as 'he'. her main cat is a male, & her dogs were both females... bugged me!

lilysmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My good friend got a cat from a shelter that she was told was a female. Took "Belle" to the vet and discovered, he was actually a male! He was already used to the name, so they kept it.

kateyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
you could keep calling her henri, as in short for henrietta.
If people ever wonder you could tell them her name is henrietta but you call her henri... even though telling them the whole story is quite an entertaining anecdote.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't feel bad...I had a Rooster that laid an egg.

I like Henri.

Lei

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What funny stories. We had little Dartagnan, who, at his 8 week vet checkup was renamed Duchess!! Everyone thinks I'm sexist, but I had been wondering that "he" had been acting, well, so feminine. All the boys were ruff n tuff, and "he" was just terrified of the dog. So, we ended up with 4 girls & 4 boys!

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lady that rescued Zakk told us he was a girl when we got him- BTW he was about 6 months. I inspected him, and though new at it, and thought he was a boy. I was going online to try figure it out and constantly trying to get a look. He went to the vet next week and my suspicions were confirmed. Good thing, b/c my husband wanted to call him Avril.