Oh i hate these calls put sometimes i love them!!!

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear you, Susan!
I don't even answer the phone unless I know who's calling me... If someone feels entitled to block their number, that's fine, but they won't be speaking to me!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I can not stand telemarketers sometimes! I love being on the 'do not call' list. I used to answer the phone here before I got married and they'd ask for me as Mrs.____. I used to say in a nice polite voice that she doesn't exist and have a nice day and hang up. Well one time right after we got married I answered one and said 'I"m sorry but she doesn't exist.' I was promptly called a B**** and she hung up before I could even say have a nice day! I wasn't sure to laugh or get mad. I think I got mad but I had company..... I so wish I could have called that company back and talked to her boss! I realize that that has got to be one of the most difficult jobs, but really. If it's that bad that you have to curse at people, go get another job already!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I also love that because of the delay they don't hear my answering machine pick up so we get messages on there that are just people saying 'hello? Hello?' and then we get them leaving thier script befor they realize they are talking to a machine!

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the best time the other day with one

I could not believe it when she asked for my MOTHER or FATHER. I asked which she would prefer to speak to. After she thought for a minute she said my Mother, so I told her she would have to call (phone #). She then asked for my Dad, again I told her another #. She sounded SO annoyed and then asked to speak to Ashley Meakes.
When I said you are speaking to her, all I could hear was Uh, ..... um.... CLICK!

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't mind so much if when you told them that you're not interested they said thanks and went. I got a call the other day which went:

Me: hello
Telesales: hello I'm calling from Toucan Telephone about your phone line
Me: I'm not interested, thank....(interrupted)
Telesales: If I could just explain, Madam
Me: No, thank you, I'm not interes (interrupted again)
Telesales: If I could just explain (getting shirty with me now because I won't let her explain her sales pitch)
Me: No, thank you. (Hang up).

What part of a persons training tells them to interrupt the customer, and what part of her tiny little brain thinks that I'm going to buy ANYTHING from her after she's interrupted and annoyed me. Why would I want to buy anything from a company who don't even listen to their potential customers - doesn't give you much hope for how they treat their actual customers!

Now, I have a contract with my telephone people so I cannot change the company I deal with. I also would NEVER accept anything that was sold by some rude girl calling me in the middle of Eastenders. Add that to the fact that I'm with the TPS so shouldn't be getting telesales calls in the first place!!

I do feel sorry for the people that have to do this job, but a few simple manners go a long way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh don't you just hate it when they get like that!, but as i say i love it as well because i like to hear them getting ticked off because they can't get to who they want

I even had one bloke say " And whats your name?, because i'm sure your Director wouldn't like to hear that you wouldn't let me speak to him!!".

ME: He told me to say what i've just said!!

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heh. Under the "Do Not Call" list you can still get called by people who you've done business with (I think within the past 18 months,) pollsters and charities. I will get calls from my phone company occasionally (BellSouth) trying to sell me long distance. Now, we use an AT&T phone card and don't have long distance on our landline at all. I think the last I put on the card was something like 1200 minutes for less than 40 bucks, it really came to something like 2.5 cents a minute before the taxes and will last me waaaaaay over a year 'cause there just isn't anyone long-distance from us. I just let them do their spiel, tell them politely I don't use long-distance enough to warrant it, and that I use a phone card. Oh! But it's only $25 a month for unlimited minutes! Politely explain that that's $300 a year and that the card only cost me $40 and that we just don't use long distance very much. Oh, but you can use it for emergencies. Politely explain that unless I'm very much mistaken I'm paying extra (not my choice) already for extended 911 and why would I want to use it for emergencies? They finally ran out of steam.

I have fun with the cable companies that call occasionally too (even though they're not supposed to, we've never done business with one.) I explain that we don't watch TV. What, never? Hardly ever, don't have cable, don't have an exterior antenna on the TV. We watch DVDs, maybe once a week or so. What about for news? Get that off the internet. It usually takes them a while to comprehend that we don't watch TV!

Cindy
Mom to Narsil, Mithril and Kellie da Peke

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get annoyed when they call at home, and even more annoyed when they callwhile i am working. being that we answer for so many companies. I get alot of them. we tell them no thank you or that we are the answering service. i tell you some just do not get a clue!